A leading Asset Manager (Central London) are looking to hire into their Finance team. You must be a newly qualified accountant - ideally from practice. £50-60k doe + bonus and benefits
The purpose of the Finance Function is to maintain the financial integrity of the business and to support management in driving business value creation. The team is responsible for day to day transactional accounting, converting that data into useable and comparable financial information for monthly reporting purposes, and using the analysis to support strategic and operational decision making.
The Financial Accountant will work closely with the Financial Controller and Finance Team of three to deliver accurate and timely Financial Reporting of Annual Financial Statements, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, FCA and VAT Returns, as well as assisting in improving existing processes and controls.
- Full ownership of Company Balance Sheet Reconciliations including monthly preparation and/or review, process improvement and analysis in line with appropriate accounting policy.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements of seven companies, including the Consolidated Group Entity.
- Supporting the Financial Controller in the planning, preparation, and delivery of the year end audit.
- Completion of Bi-annual FCA Returns of three companies, including the Consolidated Group Entity.
- Quarterly VAT Return Review.
- Review of the existing control environment and processes and advising on and implementing improvements and changes.
- Other ad hoc tasks to support the Financial Controller with the running of the Finance team.