- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Financial AccountantThe Financial Control team has been established to centralise control of the ledger for entities across the UK and Americas, working within the wider Schroders Finance team.
The successful candidate will be responsible, as part of the team, for managing the ledgers of a number of Schroder companies. The main focus on the Investment entities, which hold a variety of investments for both group and seed capital purposes.
The role involves working closely with the treasury and portfolio accounting teams to ensure both the statutory and the management accounting results are correct and fit for use by the Management Reporting, Group Financial Reporting, Treasury and Regulatory Reporting teams.
The team will perform internal period end statutory reporting, external annual statutory reporting and quarterly or annual Board reporting. The team will also prepare, review and report on balance sheet reconciliations.
Reporting to a Financial Controller within the team, the role will be based in London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Posting to the Oracle general ledger in accordance with the monthly reporting timetable, including upload into consolidation system;
• Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
• Settlement of intercompany balances;
• Performing analytical reviews of financial information on a monthly basis;
• Liaising with outsourced service providers and overseas accountants, where necessary;
• Preparing information for use in group regulatory returns;
• Production of regular finance papers for legal entity board meetings; and
• Production of statutory financial statements and liaison with auditors.
The successful candidate will be a recently qualified accountant with a strong background in financial and/or management reporting. The successful candidate will:
• Build effective working relationships within Finance and other parts of the Company;
• Demonstrate a high level of awareness of the implications of trends within financial data;
• Produce work to a high level of accuracy and demonstrate strong analytical skills;
• Work under own initiative;
• Have very strong written and verbal communication skills; and
• Meet tight deadlines.
Experience and Skills
• Systems literacy and experience with using ledgers essential, and experience in using Oracle Financials and HFM would be beneficial.
• Experience in a large finance function would be beneficial - preferably a blue chip organisation.
• Strong Excel skills essential (complex functions but macros not required).
Education and Qualifications:
Recently qualified accountant or equivalent