- GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annum + benefits and bonuses
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Global Reach Partners
- 10 Apr 18 2018-04-10
With access to over 130 major and local market currencies and a range of products we offer both our corporate and private clients a strategic streamlined approach to international trading, treasury and risk management. This role is being recruited to strengthen the finance team, improve the control environment and support improvements in business processes with more automation of the month end process.
A fully FCA regulated Foreign Exchange brokerage, based in London, with almost 15 years of industry expertise and recognised in The Sunday Times top 100 best small companies to work for list. With access to over 130 major and local market currencies and a range of products we offer both our corporate and private clients a strategic streamlined approach to international trading, treasury and risk management.
We are a company that has grown steadily to become a recognised market leader, with a reputation for looking after staff by offering a host of benefits and remuneration packages. From our monthly celebration of success to our annual skiing trip our focus is on harnessing professional talent and maintaining strong client relationships.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The business is going through a period of transition. This role is being recruited to strengthen the finance team, improve the control environment and support improvements in business processes with more automation of the month end process.
The candidate should enjoy a fast-paced and evolving working environment. There is significant regulatory oversight of the group, the candidate will be key in liaising and providing accurate information to regulatory bodies and external auditors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compile the monthly management accounts
- Post routine monthly journals for tax, interest
- Performance of key reconciliations between the trading platform and accounting system at month end
- Maintenance of Loan note registers and reporting to external stakeholders/investors
- Produce balance sheet reconciliations and ensure costs are allocated to the appropriate entities
- Calculate VAT returns for a partially exempt business. Liaise with advisors.
- Assist with Corporation tax compliance and prepare tax computations.
- Complete tax analysis reports.
- The development and maintenance of finance policies and procedures.
- Take ownership of the audit process and financial statement production. The group reports under IFRS on a consolidated basis.
- Develop and test new management information infrastructure.
- Responsibility for monitoring covenants and preparing quarterly compliance certificates
- Compile and review balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support FC/Treasurer in daily cash management
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Qualified ACA accountant.
- Practice experience and exposure to financial statement preparation.
- Experience of accounting under Internal Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Foreign exchange experience preferable. Commodity, brokerage, or equity trading experience suitable.
- Experience with the following accounting software desirable; SAGE 200, Caseware and Alphatax.
- Knowledge and/or experience of database management (SQL) and business intelligence tools (PowerBI) preferable.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Financial statement and/or management account preparation.
- Knowledge of foreign exchange (FX) trading markets.
- Understanding of FX products and the associated accounting treatment.
- Development and implementation of key accounting processes and procedures.
As part of our team we will provide you with a career development plan, with clearly defined objectives to ensure that you succeed. This is an opportunity to take a real step forward in your career with an organisation dedicated to its people.