Finance & Accounting Consultant / Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 05 Oct 17 2017-10-05
Accenture is looking to further strengthen its Finance and Risk practice as we are continuing to see high demand from our clients in an evolving industry landscape. Core to this is the area of Finance & Treasury where we are looking for people who have a natural interest and experience in FS Finance & Risk Transformation and the impacts it may have on our client’s business, processes and systems.
Specific Growth Areas within Finance & Treasury:
Structural reform and integrated operating models – Assessment of structural reform on finance function across processes, controls, governance, reporting, people and systems and changes required to support new operating model, i.e. Service Company, Shared Service Centre or dual functions
Capital and liquidity optimisation - Knowledge of bank Treasury processes e.g. ALM, Capital Management, Liquidity and Funding. Strong knowledge of the Regulatory rule-set that impacts bank Treasurers, especially Capital and Liquidity rules (e.g. Leverage ratio, NSFR, LCR). Experience of interacting with Treasurers and Treasury specialists.
Finance Response to Regulation – Familiarity with current and emerging regulations with impacts on the finance operating models (people, process, data, and systems) of financial services institutions. Understanding of the nature of these impacts on clients and how they are addressed. Examples include new IFRS (particularly IFRS 9) and the Common Reporting Standard.
Effective Finance Operations - Deep understanding and experience of operational excellence levers and the practical application of process excellence (Lean Six Sigma), organisation efficiency, and service and footprint models
Cost Management – Experience in detailed analysis and validation to provide visibility and transparency across the enterprise cost base. Identification and validation of initiatives to address cost base of an enterprise – headcount reduction, off shoring, system decommissioning, process improvement, automation and robotics. Mobilisation of processes, governance and reporting to support execution and benefits realization.
What responsibilities will you have?
- General Ledger and ERP Strategy
- General Ledger Standardisatio
- Chart of Accounts Redesign
- General Ledger and Sub Ledger Architecture
- Integration of Finance, Risk and Treasury Reporting
- Record to Report Process
- Fast-Close Process Design and Implementation.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Proven track record of large scale, multi-year and complex programme deliveries in Financial Services
Track record of communicating and influencing at a senior management level
- An expert understanding of Financial Services
- understanding of Finance, Operations and Risk functions
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented consensus builder with strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to lead project working groups and possesses strong facilitation and data gathering skills.