Finance Manager, Business Partnering
DESCRIPTION As Amazon continues to grow so does the demand for our Finance Operations (FinOps) services. We are recruiting for several senior positions across the team to continue to drive this expansion in ambiguous and novel situations. Leading complex programs of work, you will deliver the technical capabilities that enable Amazon to expand both its services and its reach.
Working with leaders around the world, you will deliver a high-quality customer experience through developing and leading strategic, cross-functional programs. These will be aimed at delivering ongoing operational efficiency and free-cash-flow improvements through automation, upstream defect reduction and end-to-end process improvement. You will work backwards from your customer, and problem solve on their behalf. You will dive deep into their requirements, and deliver these programs through our people, processes and technology.
This European Business Partnering role will work closely with Vendor Management, Operations, Technology and Finance teams, as well as external vendors and customers across projects focused on Grocery and the expansion of physical retailing such as the recent UK launch of Amazon Fresh Stores and Amazon Salon, which are both key strategic priorities for Amazon.
We're not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average Finance position! We'll give you the opportunity to really make a difference in a high growth environment where your ability to identify and drive change will be key. So if you thrive in ambiguity, love solving complex problems and want to do that in Earth's most customer-centric company, come and join us!
Responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with our FinOps Services teams to identify and remove roadblocks, acting as the interface between our Operations, Business, Accounting, Finance and Project Management teams
• Partnering with upstream Business and Technology teams to develop and deliver continuous system and process change programs through global go-to-green initiatives
• Building financial and operational analyses to drive and influence data-driven senior leadership decisions across FinOps, Business and Technology teams to deliver high-quality solutions that prevent and eliminate defects and enable long-term business growth
• Building scalable models and overcoming language support challenges in a cost-effective way, making sound recommendations on implementation of new tools, technologies, best practices and organisational structures
• Communicating program updates to senior leaders and stakeholders across multiple Finance and Business teams
• Identifying and quantifying financial and operational risks and opportunities to FinOps and across the company, driving ad-hoc projects as required
This role operates with a significant level of autonomy and is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious finance leader looking to broaden Core Finance experience in a project driven operational area of finance.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Fluency in English
• Qualified Accountant (CPA / ACCA / ACA / CIMA or equivalent) with demonstrable finance experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience of initiating and driving multiple complex, cross-functional, milestone driven projects simultaneously to agreed deadlines
• Ability to communicate in writing and orally in a manner necessary to build business relationships and positively influence data-driven senior leadership decision making
• Track record of earning the trust of leadership by challenging norms, enabling growth and improving efficiency
• Experience driving transformational financial system improvement initiatives in large organisations
• Experience in process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, with knowledge of how best-practice tools and processes work
• Project management experience, working with technology and product managers to drive technology roadmaps
• Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills to evaluate complex processes and financial scenarios
• Ability to solve complex problems within and outside your direct scope of responsibility and dive deep on any finance topic
• SQL and Advanced Excel Skills