Finance Manager - German Speaker
- £65,000 - £80,000 plus package and bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 24 Nov 17 2017-11-24
We’re representing an international merchant bank in their search for a Finance Manager for their London office. The appointee will be a qualified accountant and will work closely with the European and US operations as part of a broad finance and compliance role. Fluency in both German and English is essential.
The appointee’s remit will be wide-ranging across finance, compliance, tax and legal. Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and coordinating UK and European annual audit reports;
- Providing profitability analysis and cash flow forecasts for European advisory projects;
- Liaising with European banks from a treasury perspective;
- Monitoring bank accounts, cash balances and liquidity;
- Assisting with VAT and other tax filings;
- Overseeing the effective running of the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions;
- Drafting, reviewing and executing legal documentation;
- Ensuring external reporting requirements to the FCA and German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFIN) are met;
- Ensuring requirements under MiFID II are met; and
- Ad-hoc projects and duties as required.
The appointee must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) or equivalent with a strong academic record. You must have gained financial accounting or financial control experience within financial services. Exposure to UK and/or German regulatory reporting as well as tax, legal and compliance topics will also be important. German language skills are essential however other fluency in other European languages will also be beneficial. You must be a self-starter, attentive to detail, possess good communication skills and enjoy working in a smaller, entrepreneurial environment.