Amazon is looking for an exceptional Finance Manager to support Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for our Global Finance Operations (FinOps) Business Partnering team. This role will be located in either London or Munich and will require interactions with senior leaders within the EU FinOps and Business Partnerships teams. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly innovative and fast-growing area of Amazon, in a role where you will have an opportunity to directly influence business decisions impacting the global organization. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with business teams to help develop and maintain a strategic multi-year plan, translate rapid business growth to operational support needs and financial implication, and provide decision support for initiatives focused on supporting growth across multiple businesses and geographies while delivering best in class customer experience
Success in this role:
We are looking for a motivated candidate that has operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment and has the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of analyses. The role requires a candidate that can think big and drive business direction while excelling at analyzing business inputs and making decisions in ambiguous situations.
This position will partner closely with regional leadership teams to develop strategic multi-year plans and to develop fundamental key performance indicators which can be used to effectively diagnose positive or negative trends and track investments. In addition to performing deep dive analysis and financial modeling, this role will be expected to develop recommendations and impact the decision making of senior leadership. The ideal candidate possesses strong analytical acumen, a passion for process improvement, strong attention to detail, and an excellent track record of influencing business and finance partners.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Driving annual and multi-year budgeting and forecasts for operating expenses and headcount.
• Lead monthly Opex and Headcount reviews with senior leadership, and support monthly P&L analysis and financial forecasts.
• Partner closely with Finance Operations and Business Partnerships teams to identify and drive operational improvements.
• Design models that support business initiatives, and create dashboards for visualization.
• Be a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable systems to support business growth
• Influence others, insist on the highest standards, and challenge the status quo BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• 5+ years in finance roles with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
• Independent and entrepreneurial attitude showing the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Experience with understanding complex process flows and driving process improvements
• Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical capabilities with ability to model new growth scenarios to help business partners make sound financial decisions
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities in a fast paced, growing and ambiguous environment
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
• Strong internal customer focus PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA and or CPA
• 7+ years of dedicated FP&A experience
• Highly analytical, detail oriented with advanced financial modelling and reporting skills
• Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools and modelling
• Experience with complex problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards).