Finance GAF Executive - FSO - Finance - Permanent - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 19
Finance GAF Executive - FSO - Finance - Permanent - London
EY is a global leader in assurance , tax , transactions and advisory services . Our 260,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. To ensure we maintain our reputation as a leading worldwide professional service organisation, we require highly skilled and knowledgeable team to manage our internal business functions. As part of this diverse and talented group of individuals, you'll play a vital role in our success.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the EMEIA FSO Finance team for a Finance Executive to join the Global Accounts Finance team. The initial focus will be supporting pricing decisions for our largest accounts and engagements. The Firm is going through an exciting transition with a new SAP system being implemented. Part of the role will involve supporting the Finance Manager to help the business through this change and to evolve the team to better support Finance, Operations and the Business.
The role will be dynamic and work with decision makers across the business. Key to the role will be building relationships based on accountability and integrity throughout our diverse operations. The business will view this role as a valuable support in complex engagement economics and providing sound finance support for business operations.
The role will require strong analytical and Excel skills to help produce, analyse and evaluate financial data. The role will also require proven problem-solving skills within tight deadlines. An important part of the role will be verbal and written communication to senior stakeholders.
This role is in a fast-paced environment with many changes to the team's processes and systems as the firm undertakes a Global Finance Transformation Programme. Therefore the ideal candidate will need to be flexible and have the ability to deal with change and ambiguity on an on-going basis.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Support new rate card approval decisions and processes. Prepare analysis and Executive Summaries for Leadership of our largest accounts.
- Provide robust margin modelling in support of our biggest and most complex pursuits under the guidance of the Finance Manager. Analyse engagement margin drivers, provide advice and collaborate to optimise pricing decisions.
- Build a network of contacts throughout the business, especially within account teams and the Global Pricing & Commercial Management team
- Understand and advise on the commercial drivers of account and engagement performance.
- Support/oversee/maintain pricing databases and control lists.
- Support/oversee/maintain/create pricing reports and processes.
- Support/oversee complex commercial structures such as rebates and investment funds including associated accounting treatments
- Support/oversee the annual internal rates review for all EMEIA FSO markets.
- Identify areas for improvement in terms of financial, pricing and reporting processes. Help to support awareness and understanding of engagement metrics, particularly margin
- Ensure that the information / reports / analysis provided to the business are relevant, timely, and accurate to enable senior management to run the business. Identify and help to resolve issues arising from financial reports.
- Provide cover for other members of the Global Accounts Finance team as appropriate
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting as appropriate
- Support the roll out of new initiatives, systems and processes
- Be proactive in continuing own professional development
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and commercial skills. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills - advanced Microsoft Excel with the ability to structure complex financial models, plus some experience with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Some knowledge of how to obtain data from numerous systems, combined with the ability to analyse the data efficiently and effectively
- Able to work with minimal guidance, operating across multiple projects and priorities
- Customer focused and responsive
- Proven problem-solving skills within a tight deadline
- Robust, resilient, calm under pressure and able to cope with ambiguity
- Experience using data analytics, such as Power BI, Spotfire, Tableau or Alteryx is desired but not essential
- Developing influencing skills with decision makers. Can deliver coherent messages, encompassing financial analysis and recommendations
- Good team player with proven ability to build strong relationships with key individuals in the team and the wider business
- Professional and confident communicator in individual and group situations
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Maybe part qualified in CIMA, ACCA, AAT or planning to study
You will be an experienced supervisor or have managed a small team previously with a passion for developing and coaching our people. You will ensure we are providing exceptional client service to our stakeholders whilst maintaining high levels of financial management. You will work closely with many stakeholders across the business so the ability to build strong and effective relationships, delivering at times difficult messages, will also be key.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.