- £150,000 - £200,000 base plus bonus and package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 16 May 19
We're representing a global, multi-strategy investment manager which is seeking to appoint a Finance Director to the London office, which headquarters its European operations. The appointee will manage a large team and will be an experienced Head of Finance or Financial Director from either a multi-strategy, traditional or alternative investment manager.
Reporting directly to the Group CFO, the appointee will have a broad role, covering all aspects of finance for the corporate entity with the expectation to take on investment / product related accounting teams and other key operational support functions over time. You will also be expected to make a positive contribution to strategy related discussions. Key oversight will extend across the:
- structuring of the corporate entitiies of the group for both regulatory and taxation purposes;
- preparation of the year-end financial reporting for the corporate entities;
- financial control of the business, including cash management;
- delivery the annual budgeting process;
- preparation of meaningful, insightful and appropriate management information that can be used to add value to strategic decision making; and
- the annual audit of the management company entities.
You'll also be expected to participate in, and in some instances lead on, firm-wide projects that relate specificially or indirectly to finance. Moreover, the appointee will lead, manage, appraise and develop a large finance team. As the role develops and you become established, you'll be able to extend the remit of the Finance Director role by potentially taking on other key operational support teams, such as tax, compliance and product/investment related accounting teams.
The appointee must be a qualified accountant with an excellent academic track record. You must be an experieced Financial Controller, Head of Finance or Finance Director within a medium to large sized investment management firm. Team management experience is important and the communication style to effectively develop relationships with board level and other senior stakeholders will be key. You must be an intelligent, communicative and driven individual with a natural attentiveness to detail and the ability to see the bigger picture.