- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
A multi-service stockbroking client of ours is looking for a Finance Director. Their head office is in London but they also have a couple of regional offices with some strong international links. This is a new appointment to provide higher level financial support and a degree of mentoring to the existing team. The role will be based in London.
Key responsibilities to the role:
- This is a Board position reporting to the CEO and leading the Board’s financial and accounting strategy
- Responsible for all financial aspects of the company, providing analysis and recommendations to the Board to support the growth of the business
- Collecting and analysing competitor and market intelligence to be presented to the Board
- A hands on accounting role; reviewing budgets and cash management policies
- Responsible for risk management across the business, in particular the stockbroking business
- Work closely with the heads of the operational businesses to formulate strategies and plans to maximise growth of the business
- Challenging assumptions and decision-making at all levels
- Reviewing and optimising the financial systems and controls; ensuring systems are robust and compliant
- Managing the company requirement on levels of equity
To be consider for this role you need to be ideally a qualified chartered accountant (ACA), who is likely to have at least 8-10 years of progressively responsible financial leadership roles. Relevant sector experience would be advantageous, along with being commercially astute and an excellent technical accountant.