Finance Controller, AVP
The key Finance Controller responsibilities of this role are listed below for the UK legal entities and its branches. The individual will assume responsibility for delivery of Financial Reports and lead role on finance related projects for the Global Advisor business unit entities in the UK.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of the key business drivers of the financial results;
- Monthly review and challenge of the financial results based on reports and information prepared by the Global Accounting Operations (GAO) before and after the month end;
- Acting as an escalation point for GAO teams when resolving issues arising during the monthly financial close process;
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of the major risks, operational incidents and general ledger reconciliation breaks impacting our legal entities; and
- Oversight on the Tax provisions
Post month end
- Preparing monthly Executive Committee financial summaries;
- Supporting the reporting to the Audit Committees and Boards;
- Liaise with GAO team relating to balance sheet substantiation to identify, highlight any concern for their remediation.
- Data provision for the quarterly PRA QRT Solvency II submissions, including direct liaison with the local Regulatory Reporting Team and the external Actuary
- Oversight on the quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of the annual financial statements including the production of the Strategic and Directors' report;
- Liaise with External Auditors in terms of Year End Audits and filings within deadlines.
- Undertake periodic reviews of end-to-end processes and controls to ensure integrity of the general ledger;
- Supporting the Director/CFO with required ad hoc reporting and requests.
- Participate in the feedback on the outs
- Assistance with the preparation of the annual MPF 5 Year Strategy and Business Plan for submission to Board
- Monitoring liquidity coverage ratio and organize reorganization of the nonfunctional currency exposure of the entity.
- Quarterly and Annual Office of National Statistics return completion
- Banking Relationship and administration