Finance Change, Global Funding Control - Manager/Senior Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Global Funding Control (GFC) organization operating across New York, London, Mumbai and Glasgow. The team performs a financial control function over P&L and Balance Sheet generated daily by the Secured Funding and Treasury trading desks. The team works closely with Business Unit, Operations and Finance counterparts globally to ensure that the P&L and Balance Sheet produced is a true reflection of the day's trading activity. Every month end the team is responsible for validating the integrity of net revenue and balance sheet general ledger account balances. The team faces off with US and European businesses.
An opportunity exists in the GFC project team to help deliver on the Global Strategic Project agenda. The Program comprises a number of work streams covering Bank Resource Management and Treasury daily and monthly processes. The candidate will be required to lead work streams from start to finish. This will require developing SME knowledge in the GFC space and driving the implementation of strategic change.
Primary clients are Finance Senior Management and the Business Units. The role provides an excellent opportunity to contribute to the Firms overall Funding model enhancements.
The role will include the following involvement and responsibilities:
- Working with the global team to create a financial reporting framework incorporating monthly reporting by Business, Legal Entity and Regions
- Lead Global work streams responsible for business requirements documentation including preparation and presentation of these to senior stakeholders for sign-off
- Working with the Business Unit and IT team on requirements, booking models and reporting solutions
- Project management reporting/budgeting for work streams
- Lead and manage the workflow associated with the testing and implementation of new reporting tools
- Build out and establish the new business as usual process.
- Establish control process across the data and reporting.
- Build effective relationships with IT, Senior Stakeholders in New York and London
- Identify, escalate and co-ordinate resolution of issues.
This is not an exhaustive list of tasks, and responsibilities may change in line with the team and business needs.
- High level knowledge of unsecured and secured funding products and cost attribution (preferred)
- Candidates should have demonstrable leadership qualities with a proven track record of working in large scale change and development projects within Financial Services Industry.
- Candidates should possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and summarizing and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format.
- Analytical thinker, meticulous work style and ability to trouble shoot and solve problems.
- Willingness to take initiative to develop and improve processes.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment.
- Able to build good relationships with stakeholders in multiple locations.
- Candidates for the role should be a qualified accountant.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.