Finance Business Partner - Asset Management - London - £40,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
- £40,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- LH Partners
- 11 Feb 19
An opportunity has arisen to work for an established asset management firm with an international presence and a solid track record of performance in the industry. Our client is now looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner in a newly-created role which will be integral to the continued transformation and development of finance function. The role will be based in Central London and be part of a professional and high-performing group finance team.
- Part-Qualified or Finalist (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) candidate with Operations, Projects, Change, Finance Transformation or IT/Technology finance business partnering experience. Our client is open to profile and level of experience as they are looking for someone with a hands-on approach, good communication skills and a business-facing manner with the ability to build good stakeholder relationships
- Finance business partnering experience from any sector (ideally from financial services but our client is open to background)
- Excellent computer/systems knowledge with ability to manipulate and make sense of large sets of data, in particular strong Excel and PowerPoint skills essential
- Ability to translate detailed financial data into practical conclusions;
This Finance Business Partner (FBP) role sits within the Group Business Finance function, whose purpose is to provide the business, C-suite and Board with timely and insightful management information to drive strategic decisions. It will work closely alongside the team of other Finance Business Partners. The primary stakeholders for this role are the Global Head of Operations and Business Change and Global Head of Technology, both of whom are undergoing significant change. It will provide broad exposure to project and BAU teams across the business, working with staff across all levels to provide a clear view of functional financial performance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact into Finance for the Operations, Change and IT Functions, providing essential financial and decision-making support;
- Pre month-end close preparation of monthly project cost adjustments, accruals and capitalisation entries;
- Functional performance variance analysis of budgeted to actual monthly results;
- Project cost reporting for functional heads, Steering Committees and project/programme managers;
- Providing guidance to PMO and Accounts Payable team on invoice coding to ensure costs are recorded against the relevant project and IT expenditure categories;
- Review of headcount and payroll reports for Change & IT;
- Compilation of non-recurring project costs for IFRS reporting.
Annual Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Prepare rolling forecasts throughout the year to re-assess financial performance;
- Lead the annual budgeting process for Operations, Change and IT functions into the CFO and Group Management Board.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis for function heads; for example, business cases for new projects, detailed dives into account line spend;
- Maintenance of the Project Framework for cost management of the Change and IT Functions;
- Perform additional assignments as directed by functional heads or the Head of Group Business Finance as required from time to time.