Finance Business Partner
DESCRIPTION "Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and, when the box arrived, you wondered how it got to you so fast? Have you wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon to deliver it to you?
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery service, responsible for delivering packages to customers across the world. The AMZL network is undergoing quick growth and change on a global scale. Our teams are changing the way we interact with customers every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical issues facing not just Amazon, but the entire industry. AMZL is developing an innovative world-class Last Mile operation with a portfolio of buildings, vehicles, and technology to deliver customers' packages on time and tailored to our ever-changing customer expectations. AMZL Finance teams partner closely with global cross-functional business and tech teams to support this rapidly expanding business; promoting controllership, innovation, productivity, and cost-effective operations across the network in a fast paced environment.
Our business is delivering smiles to our customers by ensuring on-time deliveries with the highest quality in a safe environment where people like to come to work every day. You will make history as you help build one of the largest carriers on the planet while having fun."
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst that is excited to join a tech company that is constantly improving and reimagining the logistics industry. Our candidate should be passionate about using data to solve big, complex and ambiguous problems. The candidate should be eager to continuously learn and improve their skills. You should be attentive to which details make all the difference. Do you want to contribute shaping the new standard of shopping? If so, come and join the AMZL Finance Team.
As part of the AMZL Finance team, you will join a team that is motivated about numbers, data, and how to use them to generate insights and improve our business. We support and influence the AMZL organization by providing a holistic and financial perspective, we are the trusted business advisors. We collaborate with our partners to ensure leaders to have the most up to date and reliable information, and work with them to make sure AMZL is making the best possible decisions.
• Leverage Amazon Logistic metrics to identify cost out opportunities by linking up operations and financials. Understands the details of the cost structure to make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where data may be difficult to procure.
• Build trusted partnership with the business to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions promoting business improvements and cost reductions. Communicates data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Your communications drive critical business actions.
• Identifies risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps. Identify opportunities and lead projects to streamline processes and reports
• Supervise and own the Financial and operational planning processes to produce a challenging/stretch/bold yet solid operational plan. Supervise and own all Month-end procedures including accruals and variance analysis between scenarios (actuals, Plan, Forecast...)
• Autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the bottom and the top line
• Grow and collaborate in a fast-pace environment where every day is day one
• Being surrounded by inspiring and diverse individuals
• Learn from people and cooperate with a wide variety of professional backgrounds
• Ability to develop new skills and opportunities through lateral, geographical or functional moves
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
• Solid work experience in finance
• Ability to effectively communicate in English
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel. MS Office
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Passion for diving into the vast and complex details of productivity and cost measurements
• Willingness to support an unpopular opinion if it is in favor of the customer
• Manage and prioritize workload and work towards multiple deadlines
• Demonstrated business acumen while influencing and managing cross-functional relationships
• Action-oriented in solving challenging business and technical issues. Detail oriented and a passion for data with the ability to accurately summarize and share the relevant details