Growing investment bank have a new role within their Business Management department to provide effective and efficient support to the company's infrastructure departments (Finance, Legal & Company Secretarial, Compliance, Risk, HR, Technology) with occasional support to the front office when it is impacted by solutions within the infrastructure.
Finance Business Partner
£75,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a highly regarded mid-size investment bank with over 250 employees providing a wide range of services. They have a commercial culture but are also highly collegiate and promote excellence in everything they do. They are now seeking to recruit an ambitious individual in a new role within their Business Management department to provide effective and efficient support to the company's infrastructure departments (Finance, Legal & Company Secretarial, Compliance, Risk, HR, Technology) with occasional support to the front office when it is impacted by solutions within the infrastructure.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Candidates MUST be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Qualified accountants c. 2-8 years PQE. Appropriate legal experience and/or CFA qualification will also be considered.
- Experience in technical accounting and how it applies to operational accounting issues within a financial services firm
- Candidates are likely to be currently working in financial services, either in an in-house or advisory role and are likely to have finance business partnering, project management and / or business management experience / exposure.
- Strong analytical approach and ability to understand quickly and deal flexibly with complex problem solving;
- Self-starter, who is comfortable with coordinating ad-hoc and competing requirements and deadlines;
- Comfortable in working in multi-disciplinary, changing, environment;
- Consistent and high quality approach to output produced (presentations, written reports, financial analysis);
- Ability to think both at an operational and strategic level; and
- Ability to communicate with all levels.
The Business Management department reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and provides crucial support to the business and infrastructure departments, helping to implement changes to BAU processes, investigating feasibility of new initiatives, implementing process improvements and providing strategic support to the business line managers. This particular Role provides effective and efficient support to the Infrastructure Group, which is comprised of Finance, Human Resources, Legal & Company Secretarial, Operations, and Technology. The role would also provide support to Risk & Compliance and also the US operations as and when required. The role is a multi-disciplinary role covering all aspects of the company's Infrastructure Group activities, providing analysis, understanding and problem solving capabilities, on a wide variety of issues and projects, including developing and supporting new initiatives and business cases, management information, and operational processes. Depending on the business area requirements, the role consists of working with differing departments on a variety of issues; example of these include, but are not limited to:
- Accounting and reporting - e.g. new regulatory requirements;
- Legal and regulatory analysis, advisory and reporting - e.g. client agreement management;
- Management of data for, and development and implementation of management information and key risk / performance indicators
- Support for, and develop of, new business initiatives including developing strategic and operational response to new regimes including any operational accounting and tax issues that need to be considered;
- Operational commercial accounting issues and applying it to the business;
- The settlement, reporting of a trade or transaction (which could be in UK, North American, Europe, Asian securities).
The role will provide additional support to investment banking, sales, research and trading on an ad hoc basis.
- You will also have a high level of exposure to senior management across the Firm, as well as to external clients and counterparties, giving excellent opportunities in career development.
- There is a limited level of day-to-day oversight and reporting responsibilities, such as preparation and presentation of management information, oversight of operational taxes, assist the with US regulatory compliance (for example review of blotters or annual review of services agreements & transfer pricing). Whilst these day-to-day activities are retained, you will be expected to develop these processes so that these can be automated where possible.