Finance Business Management Lead – Compliance IT
Finance Business Management Lead - Compliance IT Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Finance Business Management Lead to join HSBC Technology. Brief overview of the business areas
Compliance IT is a Global Function (circa 1,300 FTE, $161m Direct costs) within Group IT.
The Finance Business Management Lead will work closely with and directly report into the Compliance IT COO to ensure a consistent and effective approach to managing the financial aspects of an IT Organisation within the Group Function. They will also work closely with the Lead Business Manager, Transformations Lead, PPM Lead, and the IT COO Teams who centrally direct deliverables for Group IT.
The Finance Business Management Lead will assist in the delivery of support objectives including Financials, Headcount, Communications, Vendor Management, and keeping Senior Stakeholders informed of progress vs targets.
Financial Management is a critical role for ensuring both the effectiveness and delivery of team deliverables by establishing and ensuring controls, performance tracking, timely delivery thus ensuring systems that HSBC Technology operate are efficient and effective within given targets. What you will be doing; Impact on the Business/Function
Customers / Stakeholders
- Be the relationship manager and point of contact for Compliance IT COO with regards to financial planning, forecasting, analysis, and reporting.
- Drive Financial Strategic initiatives, inclusive of cost saving initiatives, and targets including innovation and Strategy
- Run Direct Cost Planning and Forecasting to ensure alignment with the Compliance IT, and Group IT strategy
- Work closely with PPM Lead and BM Lead to ensure Direct Costs, HC, Third party, and Charges align.
- Work closely with the BM Team and IT COO Teams to ensure Fusion Forecasting tool reflects targets and forecast.
- Provide senior stakeholder updates by providing accurate, timely and insightful analysis of the progress
- Complete centrally supplied MI Templates as and when required within given timescales
- Deliver financials as and when required on a 'firedrill' basis as instructed form the IT COO Team within given timelines.
- Ensure Governance is supported and executed properly
Qualifications What you will bring to the role;
- Be the Finance relationship manager and point of contact for the Compliance IT COO Team.
- Management of Compliance IT COO Financial initiatives, process amendments, challenges and ensure implementation
- Support and second for (when required) the Compliance IT COO in all Finance related areas
- Manage key relationships with partner functions (Finance, IT COO and other GBGFs) and deliver on IT Finance management requirements
- Attend Direct Cost working Groups, and related Fusion / Discover working Groups to keep the Compliance IT COO Team up to date and informed
- Build 'trusted advisor' relationships with internal customers at all levels of seniority, and at a global and regional level.
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Experience working in the financial services, including complex annual planning experience on a large scale
- Experience working in a COO team within a large scale financial services company
- Extensive experience and relevant product knowledge of managing multi-million dollar IT budgets
- Extensive experience of financial reporting to senior managers
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills
- The ability to analyse complex issues and identify / assess the long-term, strategic implications for the Bank and its customers
- Advanced data and financial experience with very good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of following concepts; billing, recharges, recoveries, accruals
- The ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Excellent analysis, design and problem solving skills
- Exceptional organisational, planning and management skills
- Ability to manage and mitigate operational risk effectively
- High level of drive to meet deadlines and targets
- High degree of drive and motivation - to ensure delivery of objectives in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Attention to detail combined with strong delivery focus and ability to meet aggressive timeframes with quality results
- Ability and confidence to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, third party consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Qualified Accountant, or QBE
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.