- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 21 Apr 19
Finance Big Data Platform – Business Data Lead # 127549
The Finance organization is making more and more use of big data technology, and across the Finance Results Store (FRS) and Finance Data Hub (FDH) platforms we are seeing similar requirements. We recognize that we need to address these requirements in a consistent and controlled way. Therefore, we are bringing these platforms together as a single big data platform for Finance. Our combined Risk & Finance IT and Finance Change teams are establishing a platform based operating model that will ensure change programs leverage the platform to deliver business outcomes in a consistent, sustainable and controlled way.
There is currently an open position for the role of Business Data Lead within the Finance big data platform team based in our London office, in Canary Wharf.
The candidate should have both strong theoretical understanding and extensive practical experience in the following areas and should be able to demonstrate that expertise with concrete examples:
- Knowledge of data control frameworks including how data flows front to back through the bank's architecture and how data integrity is maintained with upstream/golden sources of data.
- Experience of implementing single data sourcing from authorized "golden" sources of data and used by multiple consumers in a well-controlled manner.
- Knowledge of how data reconciliations can be removed by design and replaced with exception-based controls.
- Experience of creating data control frameworks, understanding of how business logic can be abstracted from platform code.
- Knowledge of conceptual data models, logical and physical data models and how these relate to the business processes and functions they support.
In particular, as part of his/her role of Business Data Lead, the candidate will be in charge of :
- Developing a data control model (in conjunction with business process controls) - ensure data integrity with upstream systems and across the platform (incl. Migration States and Interim state data controls/reconciliations).
- Defining a data control principles e.g. data sourced immutably from golden sources, single point of adjustment.
- Developing user-configuration based rules - e.g. aggregation logic for data types (e.g. disclosures) as opposed to hard coded logic.
- Understanding and leveraging golden sources of transaction and reference data across both Swiss and Non-Swiss infrastructure.
- Harmonisation of data across Swiss and Non-Swiss environments - with logic abstracted from code.
- Creation of the functionality and data on-boarding approach for the Finance Big Data Platform (per the Core Finance Systems Roadmap) based on the need from a business process perspective - working with the platform Business Process lead.
- Identification of cross-program data set dependencies across active programmes of work that will leverage the Finance Big Data Platform.
What will the candidate get out of the role?
- Large exposure to a wide group of business stakeholders including C-suite management.
- Operate in a senior capacity at the forefront of the application of emerging technology in a global, progressive, prestigious financial services company.
- Further develop/expand understanding of financial products, business processes and systems, IT architecture, data governance.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Strong business and functional understanding and experience of how the bank's finance function operates.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure as they relate to finance business processes.
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement.
- Strong analytical development skills, solid understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Ability to steer high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals.
- Leading, upskilling and motivating a team in a multi-disciplinary and global environment, delivering products within specific timescales and working alongside multiple senior stakeholders.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with credible knowledge of the finance function.
- Understanding of the firm's front to back data architecture and operating model at the enterprise wide level and in the context of the finance function.
- Proven track record of program delivery of change across both business and technology architecture, ideally with an understanding of big data technology.
- Excellent stakeholder management, leadership, business, functional, data and organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize tasks for oneself and others, and work under pressured timelines.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.