To provide financial management support to the Reinsurance segment as part of Reinsurance Finance team managed by the Reinsurance segment CFO. The candidate will work independently as well as a team to deliver financial reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis, assist with business planning and forecasting and various ad-hoc reporting requirements.
* Develop a trusted finance relationship with the Reinsurance underwriting teams in dealings with finance matters.
* Produce quarterly management information for Reinsurance to ensure that they are accurate and reflect the performance of the business appropriately.
* Provide commentary and analysis on the underwriting and financial performance of Reinsurance
* Communicate business performance to the relevant stakeholders, including underwriters and CFO.
* Assist with the annual planning and reforecast process through interaction with the business to review their planning assumptions on premiums and expenses.
* Perform quarterly SOx control testing for Reinsurance segment.
* Maintain effective communication with Group and Platform Finance, Actuarial and Reinsurance Operations.
* Develop a culture of constant improvement and better delivery and engagement with all key stakeholders for the Re Finance team.
Skills & Experience
* Internationally recognized accounting designation (CA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)
* Post-qualification experience within the (re)insurance industry preferable
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience of US GAAP reporting
* Proactive, self-motivated with a team orientation
* Strong work ethic and high energy who strives for excellence Technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel is essential