The Finance Analyst will work closely with the Business Partner to provide high quality analysis, insight and decision support to the Business Unit Chief Financial Officer and other business stakeholders to help achieve the Group’s and Business Unit’s objectives and strategy.
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management in the UK and internationally. Managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers, we operate in one of the largest wealth markets in the world – and one that is growing.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential
About the Role
- Support the Business Partner with the analysis and interpretation of Financial Performance of the Business Unit
- Support the Business Partner during the annual business planning and forecasting cycles, working closely with functional stakeholders to ensure submissions are robust, timely and in line with Group expectations
- Perform analytical review on Business Unit results, provide qualitative commentary, understanding variances between actual, forecast and budget performance
- Support the Business Partner with decision support, assisting with ad hoc analysis, scenario modelling, reporting etc.
- Respond to and proactively seek opportunities for efficiency
- Advocate for change, challenge status quo and seek improvements
- Build relationships across Quilter plc Finance to learn from and share best practice and standards
- Provide insight and explanation to stakeholders within the wider Quilter Group
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with functional stakeholders and a range of other business stakeholders across the organisation
- Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity, navigate complex organisational structures, managing multiple stakeholders and service providers within a matrix environment
- Ability to present complex information in a clear manner to varied stakeholders
- Analytical mind set, able to use data and metrics to drive actions and develop solutions for the Business
- Works with agility and at pace with limited supervision, escalating as appropriate
- Credibility, professionalism and strong personal integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Delivery focused
- Strong attention to detail
- Communicating with impact, including written skills and presentation capability
- Acts as a role model for the Quilter values – Pioneering, Dependable, Stronger Together
- Embraces change and initiates new and better ways of working to deliver positive customer outcomes
- Embraces a collaborative working environment to achieve shared objectives
Knowledge and experience
- Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant
- Experience of working in an analytical role within the Financial Services industry
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management capability
- Ability to interrogate systems and navigate complex infrastructure and organisation
- Demonstrable track record of delivering on time and quality
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.