Finance Account Commercial Support Executive - FSO - Finance - Permanent - London
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic financial and commercial business partnering team, helping some of EY's largest financial services client relationship teams to monitor and manage their financial performance. The opportunity:
Working within the internal Finance team for our financial services organisation in EMEIA, you have the opportunity to support our largest global accounts, working with the client relationship teams to ensure the best possible financial outcomes through the sales and delivery lifecycle.
Your key responsibilities
You'll be working in a fast changing evolving environment interacting with internal/external stakeholders across Europe and beyond and at all levels of seniority. Therefore, you'll need to be flexible and able to deal with change on an on-going basis. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the account team to report an overall financial and commercial picture, issues for management attention and action agenda
- Regular senior stakeholder management, creating clarity around the commercial profit drivers for the account and its major programs
- Ensuring effective and efficient contract management by maintaining tight discipline on procedure and challenging stakeholders as necessary
- Defining and implementing robust and disciplined financial & operational processes that support margin drivers - tracking projects' key metrics, performance against budgets and invoicing status
- Leading financial and pricing support on proposals for new projects and other commercial negotiations, bringing together expertise from other areas of business to complete harmonised, balanced and fully rounded submissions
- Becoming subject matter advisor on UK and Global implementation of new accounting and financial system, leading initial training to immediate team and wider business and provide ongoing guidance and support thereafter
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and commercial skills. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills - including a high proficiency in Microsoft Excel with the ability to structure financial models, plus some experience with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good influencing skills with decision makers. Can deliver coherent messages, encompassing financial analysis and recommendations
- Strong team player with proven ability to build relationships with key individuals in the team and the wider business
- Professional and confident communicator in individual and group situations, with ability to adapt to change and remain calm under pressure
- Able to work with minimal guidance, operating across multiple projects and priorities
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum two years' experience in a client driven professional environment
- Able to apply knowledge or take a fresh perspective to solve complex problems and issues that arise
- Time and project management skills - able to plan and manage time effectively and flexibly to deal with key priorities
- Ability to interact well with people at all levels within the firm and demonstrate proven ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ideally, you'll also have
- The ability to think on your feet, use initiative and judgement to make informed decisions
- Innovative, confident and creative thinking
- An interest in the world of professional and/or financial services
What we look for
You should be self-sufficient with a proven track record of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment on multiple projects with conflicting priorities/deadlines, building complex excel models and presenting output to a wide range of stakeholders
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.