Fee Billing Service Analyst - 12 month fixed term contract
Who we're looking for
A Fee Billing Services Analyst who will have responsibility for the efficient production of client invoices for our clients in the Asia Pacific region who is able to ensure timely production and accuracy of fee calculations and client invoices.
The analyst will work closely with client services in local offices to ensure that the billing requirements agreed with clients are met. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 6,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role. The team
Finance Operations covers all operational aspects of Finance including Revenue Operations, Accounts Payable, Cash Operations, Operational Reporting and Data Management. The Revenue Operations team services include: Calculation of management and performance fees for institutional clients holding segregated mandates, calculation of distributor rebates, oversight of calculations performed by third parties and calculations of fees from products classified as alternative assets.
The Revenue Operations service model for asset management is based on mature and largely automated processes. Within Finance Operations the Fee Billing Services team is responsible for calculating and invoicing client fees on behalf of business units in Asia Pacific, Continental Europe, United Kingdom and United States. What you'll do
• Understanding the billing requirements of complex institutional clients and working with various departments in Schroders to ensure that we are able to obtain required data for billing. This includes understanding how we derive the Assets Under Management which are included in the billing process.
• Running fee calculations in the billing system and producing supporting calculations where necessary
• Production of client invoices and other fee analysis required by clients
• Production of monthly fee accruals and explanation of month on month changes in fee accruals
• Generation of fee debtor reporting
• Liaison with global client service teams
• Responding to queries in a timely fashion
• Making rebate payments, invoicing dispatch and various tasks associated with the fee billing process The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Numerate with strong mathematics background. Accuracy in both calculating fees and reviewing calculations from third parties is a key part of this role.
• Ability to manage and prioritise competing demands, in particular at the start of each quarter which is the peak of the billing cycle.
• Resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Work efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Work as part of a team
• High level of attention to detail
• Strong systems, excel and analytical skills The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Good knowledge of the asset management business
• Calculation and analysis of revenues
• Involved with improvement initiatives in a Finance function. What you'll be like
• A team player with good communication skills and a pro-active approach to getting things done, you'll love a challenge and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment
• You'll be flexible and eager to learn and enjoy working with others to get the best results We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.