The Facilities Managers will be responsible for the security, maintenance and services of all work facilities to ensure that they meet the needs of the organisation and its employees.
- Management of all contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, catering, technology and maintenance control
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds and security
- Ensuring that basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Allocating and managing space between buildings
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Advising businesses on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations
Experience and Education
- Previous experience of direct building and facilities management is essential
- The ideal candidate will come from a construction or Project Management background and ideally have industry qualifications in mechanical engineering, or a similar field within the building industry
- Candidates will have previously been responsible for managing large budgets and negotiating with vendors to agree SLA
- This is a hands on management role therefore candidates will need to have previous management and team lead experience.