Be a Part of Our Success
FX Systems, Subject Matter ExpertWhat is the opportunity?
Partners with IT, Global FX traders & sales, Risk Mgmt, Finance, and Operations, in order to resolve business systems issues by recommending business solutions that meet stakeholder needs, in the support of the Kondor FX trading system and other trading tools. Provides production support to our business partners.
What will you do?
- Organizes and participates in walkthrough reviews of all business specifications, programs and unit test plans.
- Expert at requirement gathering, SRS documentation, testing and developing high level plans.
- Leads detailed requirement phases identifying, tracking, escalating and/or resolving business systems issues.
- Completes business documentation and training material.
- Continually enhances skills and builds knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems.
- Contributes to successful project completion within budget and on time by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies
- Recommends business solutions that satisfy sponsor/stakeholder needs continually exploring and assessing options for value-add for clients.
- Assesses, researches, analyses and documents sponsor/stakeholder needs in accordance with Project Life Cycle
- Second level support to traders for problems or new requests related to trades, rates, curves, PnL, Risk, positions, and reporting.
- Ability to review takes issues and requirements from FX Desks, Market Risk and Operations, and share them with developers and project managers
- Effectively communicate, collaborate, and build rapport with team members, stakeholders, and business partners using a variety of techniques
- Plan and facilitate small meetings and participate in information gathering sessions
- Prepare and deliver presentations to business partners and senior management, selecting the appropriate approach based on the audience
- Liaise with Electronic Trading Platform Providers ( Bloomberg, Markit, ThomsonReuters ElectronicTrading, … ) to setup our data repository, explain RBC Requirements and coordinate setup and User Testing
- Resolves medium conflicts/issues and escalates others as appropriate
- Experience supporting a Capital Markets like technology environment
- University degree or equivalent
- Professional with experience on large projects/programs with multiple applications with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties
- Product knowledge for FX and related hedging products
- Hands on experience using Kondor and SQL
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL08
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-12-18
Req ID: 151112
Flexible Working Options Considered