This role sits at the heart of the SVB EMEA Market Risk Solutions team involved in understanding, delivering and executing the full range of FX products to meet identified customer needs and achieve growth across SVB’s markets business in EMEA.
As well as developing and supporting client portfolios through the active management of existing relationships and prospective opportunities, the individual will support the broader team in all daily trading activities (order management, trade input, query resolution with FX operations and other related activities), business development, reporting and strategic projects such as new product development.
- FX Trading & Management of SVB FX Risk - FX execution with counterparties including banks and clients
- Portfolio Management - Actively managing and developing relationships with assigned clients from sales origination through to execution
- Responsible for generating new business and enhancing existing client relationships through a consultative sales approach combined with excellent negotiation and presentation skills. Also responsible for cross selling other international banking products to clients. Utilizing internal and external reports to identify new sales opportunities while analysing client activity to develop business intelligence for the team
- Meeting preparation e.g. external and internal company research to support client discussions
- Assisting in the management of SVB’s market risk arising from the trading desk’s activities
- Working with relevant areas to produce required MI
- Maintaining a thorough, in depth knowledge of the Bank’s FX products and services, while keeping up to date with market news and events.
- Providing technical training to business stakeholders and acting as an internal subject matter expert for the FX Sales & Trading teams and relationship managers.
- Has an up to date understanding of relevant regulations including MiFID and EMIR
- Adhering to and keeping up to date with all internal and external controls, legal, compliance and regulatory requirements
- A knowledge of interest rate derivative products would be beneficial
- Work Experience: Proven experience of regulated sales/trading experience with a consistent track record of successful trading performance. Experience required in building and developing client relationships/wallet-share/new business
- Communication Skills: The individual must have excellent communication and presentation abilities, including strong written and verbal skills and the ability to explain issues and decision as well as strategy both internally and externally. The individual must be an excellent listener, who works to understand the needs of others.
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and working independently and collaboratively.
- Analytical Skills: The individual should be comfortable gathering, developing and interpreting business intelligence and customer/market insights that can be used by all of the team to better identify new and existing client FX needs and grow the business
- Interpersonal Style: The individual should have an entrepreneurial, collaborative approach and a flexible style that allows for the input of others. The individual must share the following core values of SVB:
- An emphasis on achieving the organisation’s goals, versus individual achievement;
- An “enterprising” approach with creative problem solving; and
- A focused and results driven mindset