FX Pricing Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
FX Pricing Developer
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different
Description of the Business Line or Department -
- Rapid Development of tactical and strategic tools for FX structuring and sales desks.
- Opportunity to join a new team, integrated with the structuring desk.
- The developer will help building tools for back-testing of strategies, pricing automations and data analysis, as a goal to generate trade ideas and better serve our clients.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• Strategic and tactical tool development (Front to back) for the FX structuring desk in Python with use of NoSQL databases.
• Address any needs at a business analysis, software design and development level that involve rapid intervention with strong development capabilities.
• The developer will help building tools for back-testing of strategies, pricing automations and data analysis, as a goal to generate trade ideas and better serve our clients.
Summary of responsibilities
• Front to back development of strategic and tactical application using Python and NoSQL databases.
• Understand the business requirements and risk/R&D models in order to develop upon them.
• Architect complex software using Service Oriented Architecture.
• Be able to manage development lifecycle autonomously.
• Agile development process. (Tests, Continuous delivery, Build Factory, deployment tool)
• Follow technological and open source projects developments and import those which make sense for the desk.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
The developer will be working directly with the structuring desk, who will manage his day-to-day projects. The candidate will be autonomous in terms of technology choices to best answer business needs.
• Object oriented development, preferably Python (2+ years).
• Good quantitative background, the candidates will work directly with financial engineers and need to be able to pick-up concepts rapidly.
• Knowledge of Fixed Income derivatives is a plus.
• Capable of managing own workload, while providing regular feedback to management.
• Front-Office or RAD experience would be a plus.
• Autonomous and team development experience.
• Focus on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process.