FX Overlay Manager
- £Excellent + Bonus + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Legal & General Investment Management Holdings
- 29 Sep 17 2017-09-29
The team are looking for an experienced Fund Manager to focus on passive currency overlays.
This is a fund management role with a primary focus on passive currency overlays.
The job holder will work on a number of segregated client mandates involving day-to-day monitoring and management of the funds, as well as representing the fund management team in investment consultant and client meetings.
The mandates use a range of FX derivatives (FX forwards, FX swaps, NDFs, cross-currency basis swaps) to meet our clients’ currency hedging needs.
The role will also involve further development of product offerings and proactively looking to implement the required changes and processes.
In addition, the job holder will have an opportunity to be involved in the management of other derivative overlays, in particular equity derivative overlays.
- Day-to-day management of the funds to ensure they are managed in line with their objectives and guidelines;
- Representing the fund management team in external meetings (investment consultants, clients);
- Working collaboratively with other areas of LGIM to provide the best service for our clients.
Essential skills & experience:
- At least 3 years experience in managing FX portfolios, either in an Asset Manager, bank or treasury department;
- Knowledge of the FX market and the following instruments: FX forwards, NDFs, cross-currency basis swaps;
- Knowledge of the framework for the trading of OTC derivatives, including collateralisation, legal documentation and regulatory developments such as EMIR;
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail;
- Self-motivated, able to take responsibilities and initiatives.
Desirable skils & experience
- Understanding of IT with preferably working knowledge of VBA;
- Knowledge of Bloomberg;
- Knowledge of the benchmark indices landscape (e.g. MSCI, FTSE indices);
- Knowledge of equity derivatives including futures, TRS and options;
- Some experience working with investment consultants and pension scheme Trustees.