Are you passionate about delivering robust and scalable, user-friendly applications in a complex business domain? Are you interested in event driven architecture and actor based concurrency? Are you motivated to deliver real business value?
We’re looking for someone like you to help us. You will:
– work as part of an agile development team and collaborate with global business and IT stakeholders
– analyse business requirements, design and implement solutions, and develop software components
– write high quality code, adhering to coding standards, across full delivery cycle ensuring quality delivery
– support the system / team in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– perform level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
– collaborate with other global IT teams
You’ll be working in the UBS FX Options team in London. The team provides solutions for our pricing and trading platform, which supports a wide range of financial instruments including FX Vanilla & Exotic Options. The work has a very high profile and is recognised to be a key part of our business strategy.
– server-side Java skills, including expertise in multi-threaded performance critical programming
– knowledge of real-time messaging via websockets and familiarity with RESTful Services
– large-scale enterprise, object-oriented design experience, hands-on experience of distributed systems
– delivered solutions including stability, manageability, scalability, capacity and performance
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– working experience in agile SDLC and TDD methodology, including Git/GitHub and CI/CD
– ability to work closely with business partners delivering iteratively as part of a global team
– interest in financial industry or FX derivatives business knowledge
– passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity, you like a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace
– someone who is technically excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture
– proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
– an excellent communicator, strong written and verbal communication skills in English
– quick learner
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce