- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 20 Feb 19
FX – C# Algo Product Developer # 120401
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
The Advanced Execution Services (AES) Product Development Technology team requires an experienced C# application developer for the on-going development of the AES algorithmic trading platform. This role is being sponsored by the AES European agency execution business with the aim of enhancing the AES product and maintaining the firm's dominant position in the multi-asset electronic trading space. The role will be reporting into the head of AES EMEA Quant Development.
The role requires commercial experience in C# or C++/Java technologies working in a real-time distributed messaging or multi-threaded environment. The role will be focused on strategy development and implementation of new products and features in response to client and market driven requirements. You will have previous experience working in an Electronic Trading environment on similar types of systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- C# server-side development and maintenance of the AES suite of algorithmic trading applications and services;
- Design, development and testing of the core algo-trading platform, trading strategies and behaviours for our external clients;
- Problem analysis and resolution with an emphasis on quantitative and statistical analysis;
- Working with a globally distributed development and support team;
- 3rd-line support of deployed components in the production environment.
AES is the flagship product in the firm's electronic trading franchise, which is used to execute orders on behalf of clients in Equities, Listed Derivatives (Futures and Options) and FX markets around the globe. The role offers a standout opportunity to learn about global electronic trading, working for one of the industry-recognised leaders in Algorithmic Trading. You will be working in close partnership with the AES Trading Desk and AES Quant Research Team and be directly involved in a challenging and high-profile area of the finance industry.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- She/he will have solid commercial experience of C# and .NET technologies, preferably in server-side environment. C++ and Java will also be considered.
- Multi-threaded and Object-oriented application design experience.
- Mathematical ability - an appreciation of algebraic, geometric and statistical concepts and their application in problem-solving (e.g. linear and non-linear functions, linear interpolation, transformations and translations, population distributions and standard deviation calculations).
- Distributed systems development experience using asynchronous messaging technologies.
- Real-time data processing experience.
- Experience of full project life cycle and continuous integration development tools using an Agile methodology.
- SQL/Database experience. Oracle experience preferred.
- Delivery focused with excellent problem-solving & communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and tolerance for frequent change.
- Higher Degree in Science, Mathematics, Computing or Financial Engineering related subject or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in development of automated trading systems dealing in Equities, FX, Futures or Options.
- Automated build/testing platforms (Teamcity, NUnit, SpecFlow).
- Subversion, Git, Atlassian Products (JIRA, Confluence, Crucible).
- .NET Core Application Development and Deployment; C++.
For more information visit Technology Careers
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.