FS Advisory, Cloud Architecture, Market Facing Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
FS Advisory, Cloud Architecture, Market Facing Director
The financial services industry is currently undergoing a period of unparalleled change. Since the financial crisis, banks and financial institutions have been subjected to more stringent regulations, increased supervision and overall global economic instability. These changes have not come without a cost and has made these institutions re-evaluate the way they have been doing business traditionally. Moreover, the proliferation of technological advances including disruptive technologies and digital are compounding the pressures of maintaining competitiveness, being adaptable and increasing profit margins.
To be successful, you will apply your knowledge and experience to support the delivery of key projects, build valuable relationships both within EY and with clients, and develop strong capabilities through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
Our teams analyse, design, recommend and implement performance improvement solutions for our valued Corporate & Investment Banking clients in the following areas:
- Deep Cloud Adoption experience, gained from multi project implementations
- Define and deliver target operating models
- Cost reduction frameworks in the Cloud
- System selection and implementation pipelines using automation
- Application architecture review and simplification
- Security posture assessments and remediation
- Governance and Compliance assessments and reporting
- Automation tool selection and implementation roadmaps
- DevOps CI/CD and DevSecOps refinement
- Implementation of innovation capability such as Big Data, Machine Learning, AI and Blockchain.
- Data strategies that maximise client return on investment
Your key responsibilities -
- Bringing to market application, security, analytics propositions and services
- The strategy, target operational model, capability establishment method definition and execution
- Development of Cloud marketing strategy and propositions
- Internal capability development in the areas of cloud architecture, security, governance and compliance, data science, cloud analytics, natural language processing, real-time analytics
- Designing and implementing Analytics Centre of Excellence capabilities
- Establishment of managed service analytics capabilities
- Establishment of commercially successful relationships with technology vendors
- Developing new client prospects
- Co-ordinating multidisciplinary teams across the business to drive an effective response to client requirements
- Ownership for client accounts including go to market strategy and relationship management
Skills and attributes for success
- Ambition to build / develop a career in advising Corporate and Investment Banking clients
- Strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering leading edge solutions to industry clients
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against stated project objectives and meet tight deadlines
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop impactful written presentations and participate effectively in meetings with senior clients
- Team player who openly supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues
- Ability to work under limited supervision ('self-starter') in unstructured environments
- Flexibility to travel to, and work in, other locations is essential
To qualify for the role, you must have;
- A university degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, business and information or similar, with a minimum of a 2:1 (or equivalent), and ideally an MBA or MSc;
- Familiarity with common enterprise services frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF etc.)
- Experience working within Financial Services or other large Enterprises
- Strong communication, presentation and business writing skills along with the ability to manage and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills with experience in the preparation and delivery of presentations and reports.
- Understanding of End-to-End architecture and its different components (execution, development and operations architecture)
- Experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise & Cloud environment
- Expert knowledge in implementing and operating in cloud platforms (Azure, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Salesforce)
- Experience developing and leading Cloud migration proposals and strategies.
- Working knowledge of DevOps technologies around Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Project experience implementing core infrastructure and cloud based services for consumers
- Understanding of cloud security and identity best practices
- Experience of creating cloud cost models and running cloud readiness assessments
- Expert experience managing Cloud risk & compliance assessments.
- Experience of working with enterprise IT and implementing hybrid cloud solutions
- Other advantages include exposure to Microservices design/implementation, API Management, Container technologies, Big Data Solutions in Cloud, NOSQL, Messaging
- Familiarity with various delivery methodologies, including Agile
Ideally, you'll also have
- Industry relevant Certifications
- Open to attend industry seminars and conferences and act as an EY ambassador
- Willing to write thought leadership pieces for our website, blogs and press
- Willing to undertake training and assessments as part of your growth in role.
This role will offer opportunities for personal growth and advancement.
If you are resilient, adaptable, ready to own complex projects, this could be the role for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Build your legacy with us.