FS Advisory, Cloud Architecture, Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 19
FS Advisory, Cloud Architecture, Manager
The financial services industry is currently undergoing a period of unparalleled change. Since the financial crisis, banks and financial institutions have been subjected to more stringent regulations, increased supervision and overall global economic instability. These changes have not come without a cost and has made these institutions re-evaluate the way they have been doing business traditionally. Moreover, the proliferation of technological advances including disruptive technologies and digital are compounding the pressures of maintaining competitiveness, being adaptable and increasing profit margins.
To be successful, you will apply your knowledge and experience to support the delivery of key projects, build valuable relationships both within EY and with clients, and develop strong capabilities through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
Our teams analyse, design, recommend and implement performance improvement solutions for our valued Corporate & Investment Banking clients in the following areas:
- Deep Cloud Adoption experience, gained from multi project implementations
- Define and deliver target operating models
- Cost reduction frameworks in the Cloud
- System selection and implementation pipelines using automation
- Application architecture review and simplification
- Security posture assessments and remediation
- Governance and Compliance assessments and reporting
- Automation tool selection and implementation roadmaps
- DevOps CI/CD and DevSecOps refinement
- Implementation of innovation capability such as Big Data, Machine Learning, AI and Blockchain.
- Data strategies that maximise client return on investment
Your key responsibilities- Manager:
- Managing a client assignment;
- Developing long-term trusted advisor relationships;
- Identifying opportunities for and securing new business;
- Aiding proposals and bid teams;
- Developing high quality technical proposals;
- Managing on-site EY teams;
- Liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and partners focussed on Corporate & Investment Banking domain;
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering leading edge solutions to industry clients
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against stated project objectives and meet tight deadlines
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop impactful written presentations and participate effectively in meetings with senior clients
- Team player who openly supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues
- Ability to work under limited supervision ('self-starter') in unstructured environments
- Flexibility to travel to, and work in, other locations is essential
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A university degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, business and information or similar, with a minimum of a 2:1 (or equivalent), and ideally an MBA or MSc;
- Strong communication, presentation and business writing skills along with the ability to manage and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills with experience in the preparation and delivery of presentations and reports.
- Experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise & Cloud environment
- Knowledge in implementing and operating in cloud platforms (Azure, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Salesforce)
- Experience developing Cloud migration proposals and strategies.
- Working knowledge of DevOps technologies around Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Project experience implementing core infrastructure and cloud based services for consumers
- Understanding of cloud security and identity best practices
- Experience of creating cloud cost models and running cloud readiness assessments
- Experience managing Cloud risk & compliance assessments.
- Experience of working with enterprise IT and implementing hybrid cloud solutions
- Other advantages include exposure to Microservices design/implementation, API Management, Container technologies, Big Data Solutions in Cloud, NOSQL, Messaging
Ideally, you'll also have you'll also have
- Industry relevant Certifications
- Open to attend industry seminars and conferences and act as an EY ambassador
- Willing to write thought leadership pieces for our website, blogs and press
- Willing to undertake training and assessments as part of your growth in role.
This role will offer opportunities for personal growth and advancement.
If you are resilient, adaptable, ready to own complex projects, this could be the role for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Join us in building a better working world.