The FP&A Manager will work alongside the Head of FP&A to support senior management through the provision of high-quality management information and analysis.
The role holder will assist with:
- Preparation of management performance reports and business metrics for senior Group management and the Board
- Preparation of the Group’s annual budget and mid-year forecast processes
- Business partnering with management within our Investment Banking and Equities businesses
- Analysis of Group’s cost base and identification of savings
- Ad hoc analysis as required.
Head of FP&A
Summary of main tasks and responsibilities
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly performance reports, incorporating a range of business metrics including P&L, headcount, balance sheet, market share and return metrics
- Assist with preparation of the group’s annual budget and mid-year forecasts
- Preparation of competitor, market share and other benchmarking analyses
- Partner with teams in IBD and Equities to provide finance support and strong two-way facilitation of information
- Preparation of expense analysis and identification of potential cost savings
- Assist with implementation of a new finance reporting and analysis system
- Proactively review processes in the team and identify opportunities to streamline and improve these
- Support with ad hoc analysis and other deliverables as required.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA) with two to three years’ post qualified experience in industry or practice, ideally in financial services
- Strong analytical skills; able to identify trends and question and challenge information in a collaborative way;
- Strong attention to detail
- Takes initiative and with a proven record of identifying and implementing process improvements
- Able to multi-task; prioritise and work flexibly and pro-actively in a small team
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent excel skills essential.