FPA Finance Manager - Amazon Logistics
DESCRIPTION We are looking for a Finance Manager that is excited to join a fast-paced tech company that is continually improving and reimagining the logistics industry. Our candidate should be passionate about solving big and complex problems using data, even when the answer or the problem is ambiguous. You should be eager to continuously learn and improve your skills.
As part of Amazon Logistics (AMZL) Finance, you will support and develop careers as you and your team influence the organization. As trusted business advisors we collaborate with our partners to ensure operational and strategic choices are being made with the most up to date and reliable information. We work across a broad and diverse scope of stakeholders to ensure AMZL is making the best possible choices.
This role is a highly visible position supporting our central Amazon Logistics team in the EU AMZL Finance Planning and Supply Chain team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with many internal customers both in Operations and Technology at all levels of the organization. If you are someone who has shown success analyzing dynamic business opportunities and building plans to bring them to reality we would like to speak with you.
The candidate should be comfortable driving deadlines, innovation and improvement among various teams. The role is part of the AMZL EU Amazon Logistics Finance team with broad responsibility and promises a fulfilling career prospect for the candidate. The scale of the business and the pace of change requires dynamic thinkers who are comfortable facing challenges and working to tight deadlines.
• Autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the bottom and the top line
• Grow and collaborate across an extensive network outside of AMZL in a fast-pace environment
• Being surrounded by inspiring and diverse talent across many different sectors
• Learn from people and cooperate with a wide variety of professional backgrounds
• Ability to develop new skills and opportunities through lateral, geographical or functional moves
Job responsibilities will include:
• Developing metrics and coordinating reporting for EU Amazon Logistics Last Mile transportation network
• Driving reporting and analytics from a systematic and technological approach, leveraging existing systems and thinking of opportunities for new developments.
• Coordinating and ensuring that financial system inputs are accurate and consistent across all countries in the EU.
• Presenting and facilitating weekly, monthly and business plan reporting to senior leaders within the organization
• Acting as a point of contact to other Amazon businesses to facilitate the understanding of the EU's financial and operational position
• Coordinating and supporting the creation of financial plans for the EU business.
• Partnering with various finance and operations stakeholders across Amazon to communicate the EU's financial position and provide insight into the EU's operations
• Partnering with technology and other external Amazon teams on product and process improvements to support the EU operations business
• Monitoring and analyzing transportation spend vs forecast and communicate the position to senior leaders
• Supporting new product and special project development with financial analysis and reporting
• Ensure financial system inputs are consistent, up-to-date and accurate.
• Develop and maintain efficient communication processes to ensure smooth and consistent flow of information between Amazon transportation owners within the EU and Seattle.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in finance and accounting
• Degree or equivalent education
• Experience working with and presenting to peer groups and management
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
• Experience of engagement with complex, milestone driven projects
• Experience of working in a matrix organisation
• Experience of leading a team of high performers
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Previous experience with logistics, supply chain or engineering
• Previous experience managing geographically remote teams
• Experience in a rapid growth business
• MBA or other advance degree
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos, etc.)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.