- up to £50,000 + benefits + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- B&FS Finance
- 08 Mar 19
The direct investments arm of a leading Global Financial Institution are seeking a FP&A Analyst to join their expanding London team due to organic growth.
The role itself:
- To support the production of internal reporting, forecasting and analysis of the investment portfolio, with particular emphasis on the Traded and liquid investments.
- The role includes playing an active role in the day to day reporting of the portfolio, both as part of the structured monthly and quarterly reporting cycle, and on an ad-hoc basis to meet the needs of the division’s stakeholders.
- In the process, the role holder will develop an in-depth knowledge of the business and investment strategies and develop a close working relationship with the wider finance team and the investment team, in particular the Investment Strategy team which manages the Traded assets portfolio.
MI production for internal reporting
- Production of Internal MI and reporting for the investment portfolio, based on the divisional FP&A tool
- Playing an important role in producing accurate and timely MI which the division and wider group uses for its performance analysis and strategic decision making
- This revolves around the monthly reporting cycle, meeting reporting dates with the requisite depth and quality of performance anlaysis, but will also lead to involvement in the biannual planning process and ad-hoc data requests
Producing high quality analysis of the investment portfolio
- The role is likely to have a particular emphasis on the division’s £4.8bn Traded and liquid assets portfolio, including liquidity analysis, and performance reporting vs. benchmarks
- However the role holder will also develop an understanding of the £2.4bn Direct Investment portfolio and assist as required in the day to day MI production around these assets
Contribution to maintenance of high quality FP&A system (anaplan)
- Contributing to the development and progression of the reporting and planning tool, anaplan
- Ensuring that the data is accurate and the information produced reliable such that the team can use it as a basis of investment decisions
Interaction with Investment Strategy and wider investment professionals
- The role will require an element of interaction with the Investment team, in particular the Traded investments, to communicate to them the performance of the portfolio
Qualifications, knowledge and skills:
Part or recently qualified ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA
Strong excel skills
Anaplan knowledge desirable but not essential
Understanding of and demonstrable interest in investment, in particular listed equities, would be an advantage
Experience of working in FP&A environment in large corporate environment
Experience of working to tight external reporting deadlines
Experience of interacting with senior stakeholders and scoping reporting and output to meet their requirements
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org