FM Operations CX, Service Management Lead London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 04 Dec 17 2017-12-04
Please view Job Description for details.
Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) Information Technology & Operations (ITO) has a dedicated Financial Market Operations which supports the market clients and products within Corporate & Institutional Banking (C&IB).
FM Operations has responsibility for the execution, control and continuous improvement of processes to support our Products & Clients. FMO has 3 distinct functions - Product Management, Regional/Country oversight and Processing Functions (Service Providers).
For products and capabilities that are produced by CIB, but consumed by other Segments, the CIB ITO Team also provides capabilities and support services. Conversely, the Team will source capabilities and services from other Segments where appropriate (eg corporate lending platform from CPB), as well as working closely with other parts of ITO to ensure that it is run end to end
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The role forms part of the FMO function and reports to the CX Head of West. This role drives and delivers critical service management practices across the FM organisation.
The Service Management Function is responsible for :-
- forms part of the London client experience Leadership team
- drive adoption of service management processes ( Incident, Problem, Change ) across FM
- partners and liaises with the Client Services to ensure client service satisfaction criteria (for London) achieved
- partners and liaises with the Client Experience Head of Service Management to ensure all service management success criteria (for London) achieved
- partners with Command and Control Center ( KL ) to manage distinct Incident , Problem and Change events within FM.
- Fully understand the Financial Market Operations (FMO) business strategy and leadership expectations and how it supports the Bank's overall strategy
- Model Support Costs vs income for entire FMO client base
- Build client experience service review model, Client Facing scorecards/dashboards to be used in the client review sessions.
- Manage and track CX KRIs / KPIs, providing regular reporting to the management team and risk committees.
- Build out the Client Services and Client Engagement Knowledge management strategy
Management of projects and strategic initiatives requiring Client Services team support
GEMS process workflow build out - continuous improvement.
People and Talent
Build and develop a high performing London service management function
Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
Set minimum efficiency based targets each year driving down FTE utilisation and Financial Cost
Developing and implementing Key Performance & Risk based metrics which enable internal clients (Business, Product & Country Heads) to demonstrate effective governance and oversight on outsourced processes
Proactive in seeing regular assurance that areas of responsibility are performing to an acceptable risk and control standard
Proactive Monitoring and reporting. Define and deliver process on proactive monitoring of client environment around key market events i.e. Non Farm Payrol. Keep key stakeholders update on status/issues.
- Critical Systems overview. Produce runbooks for critical systems that detail events that FM expect to be monitored & tracked within the Command can Control center in KL.
- Regular reviews with CnC. Conduct regular reviews of service deliver runbooks with CnC to ensure they are up to date.
- Develop Incident Management Process. Define process that allows for identification, categorization, prioritization, escalation and investication of incidents within FM.
- Continuous Improvement. Work with the CnC to ensure processes are in line with enterprise wide CnC process.
- Resolution and recovery. Manage all incidents to resolution, providing relevant communications to internal and external parties.
- Problem Identification. Work closely with CnC to ensure early identification of all problems.
- Problem Tracking. Constantly monitor all open problems to ensure any actions are being addressed in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Skills
Market Knowledge : Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operate. Excellent knowledge of Investor clients and expectations of client service levels.
Business Strategy and Model : Awareness and understanding of the firm's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
Risk Management and Control : The ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to the firm. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them
Financial Analysis and Control : The ability to interpret the firm's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measure
Governance, Oversight and Controls : The ability to assess the effectiveness of the firm's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
Client Service : Strong customer service and client focused skills with sensitivity to clients' needs
Product Knowledge : Sound (generic) knowledge across suite of Wholesale Banking products and related Businesses
Process Management : In depth knowledge of process management. Minimum experience of about 10+ years in handling a centralized set up in Operations
Operations Risk Management : Complete understanding of risks associated with operational processing, Client Static, Client On boarding (i.e. Due Diligence), Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions processing
Capacity Planning : Ability to create a adequate resource planning & manage capacity
Stakeholder Management : Capable leader with good interpersonal & networking skills
People Management : Ability to manage large diversified workforce with high level of engagement
ce/Budget Management : Understand key business drivers & manage budgets/resources/infrastructure effectively
How To Apply
As part of our commitment to career development, you can search and view opportunities across the organisation and apply immediately for suitable opportunities. When applying, please note the following:
- Please complete your application form online by clicking the 'Apply' button
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online assessment in addition to completing the application form
- Existing line managers will not need to be informed by the employee unless and until you have accepted the job offer
- Your application will be considered together with candidates in the succession plan, talent development plan and external candidates
- Additional screening checks may be required for 'Sensitive Roles' - this is in line with the Bank's Pre-Employment and Pre-Engagement Verification Policy (further information is available from HR)
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.