FINREP Specialist – New IB opportunity
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Aston Carter Ltd
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
**Unique opportunity to excel your career within a lean international Investment Banking team based in the City, partnering with senior business heads and offering a strong technical platform for the right driven candidate**
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Director is responsible for driving the statutory and external reports, that implements and monitors effective controls throughout the organisation to ensure integrity of financial information.
- Preparation and review of the monthly group financial statements for entities. Understanding and explaining to management significant movements in the balance sheet.
- Performing of detailed analytical reviews with particular focus on manual adjustments.
- Liaison between Operations, Head Office and other areas of Financial Control to communicate changes and resolve any issues.
- Perform monthly inter-company reconciliation report and other reconciliations and presentation of these at monthly meetings.
- Ensuring that all reporting is performed in compliance with IFRS and reporting requirements.
- Preparation of quarterly reporting, including analyses of financial statement movements.
- Reviewing of current processes and controls with aim of streamlining operations
- Liaise with various teams on appropriate accounting treatment and support build-outs on new products.
- Participate in process-improving projects and on an ad-hoc basis with ongoing global system upgrades.
Successful candidate should have
- Qualified Accountant with at least experience of 2-4 years post qualified background; exposure in International Banking Financial Reporting or Controls function is essential.
- Strong accounting knowledge on structured financial products.
- Those coming from an established banking or capital market audit/assurance environment will be favourably considered/
- Excellent communication skills & ability to interact with the various teams in the region.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work in a team-based environment.
- Strong control awareness with the ability to work within a high pressure and challenging consolidation environment.
Key Skills – Reporting, Financial Analyst, PRA, IFRS, Balance Sheet, Graduate, Allocations, Capital, Revenue, Financial Modelling, controls, VBA, Excel, Products, Project Management, Macros, Analysis, Banking, Stress Testing, Accountant, Treasury, Risk, Credit Risk, IFRS9, consolidation
If you are keen on the role or would like to discuss in more detail please get in touch with:
Siobhan O’Grady – firstname.lastname@example.org / +44207 532 7834