- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
This role is primarily to be responsible to the submission of the group’s FINREP reporting. (FINREP is a standardised EU-wide framework for reporting financial data.).The role will also be involved in the improvement of processes and procedures for efficient and business useful financial reporting, including the production of statutory reporting across the group.
Description of role and key responsibilities
For FINREP the individual would :
- Be responsible for collation of submission;
- -Be involved with analysing, monitoring, reconciling and resolving issues with the group’s data;
- Implement process upgrades to allow for increased automation;
- Monitor and implement EBA Finrep developments;
- Maintain FINREP process documentation.
- In addition, the individual would:
- Participate in the wider reporting group initiatives;
- Take responsibility for aspects of the monthly and quarterly processes;
- Be involved in the half year end and annual reporting cycle.
- Ensuring the integrity of the group’s general ledger on a monthly basis, including key reconciliations.
Core skills and knowledge
- Technical knowledge/ education
- Newly qualified to 1 year PQE accountant.
- Financial services experience desirable.
- First time passes preferable.
Skills and Knowledge
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
- Accounting experience and a sound knowledge of IFRS (compulsory)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Systematic approach in analysing and solving problems with good attention to detail
- JDE / Essbase knowledge would be beneficial
- FinRep knowledge desirable
- Experience of consolidations beneficial