FINANCIAL REPORTING - CONSULTANT
The role is within Northern Trust's growing UK Fund Accounting team. This team looks after more than 10% of all UK Authorised Funds for numerous Fund Management clients. The role is to work within a centralised Financial Reporting oversight team. The successful applicant will be responsible for the oversight and sign off of all client's Report & Accounts and distributions whereby the production of these functions is located in another jurisdiction. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• To oversee, review & sign off the timely production of another jurisdiction's UT, OEIC, and CIF interim and final report and accounts. This will include sign-off of distribution rates and proofing of SORP accounts to the required standard.
• Communicate professionally & effectively with other NT Departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, and Clients (the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service), ensuring that they are more than satisfied at all times.
• To deliver a quality service to our clients and take the necessary corrective and preventative actions to ensure all KPI deadlines and quality standards are met.
• Support the development of the production jurisdiction and actively provide feedback on performance to local managers.
• Continually assess the oversight team's processes to improve efficiency, reduce risk or cost, as well as assisting in the enhancement of revised departmental procedures for use as a training tool. The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• The applicant should currently hold a senior analyst or senior accountant position, or previously held that position within another financial services environment.
• As an absolute minimum the job holder should have passed the required FCA Training & Competence exams (or have been "Grandfathered"); however, additional qualifications are expected.
• Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with other members within their team, other internal department, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors and the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service.
• Able to work under pressure to achieve the timetabled deadlines for delivery to our client's deliverables, with a mature approach.
• Possess strong written skills with numerical and computer literacy - including strong spread sheet skills with Excel plus Word, Lotus Notes and Invest One Enterprise.
• A good knowledge of the FCA regulations pertaining to Unit Trusts and OEICs i.e. COLL, and the most recent IA SORP. About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$8.2 trillion in assets under custody
$1.2 trillion in assets under management
$122 billion in banking assets