FIG EMEA Strategy Consultant
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 28 Aug 18 2018-08-28
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Canada, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre
Main Function of the Role:
The EMEA FIG COO Office works closely with the EMEA FIG CEO to ensure that the strategic business plans and initiatives for the region are implemented in line with Wells Fargo culture and business practices and operate within the local regulatory framework.
- Responsible for supporting the operating activities of FIG within the EMEA Region
- Developing and implementing the FIG EMEA strategic plan
- Reviewing administrative policy
- Developing and implementing budgets
- Day to day responsibility for ensuring the EMEA FIG infrastructure operates smoothly and is in adherence with the relevant internal and external policies and procedures.
- Coordinate business support activities with different product and support partners including but not limited to FIG CAO, EMEA CAO Structure and various Regional Managers and FIG Coverage Leaders
- Act as trusted advisor to senior management
- Support FIG EMEA leaders in leading initiatives, working with various representatives
- Conduct various analysis by structuring the work and gathering necessary information which sometimes requires a creative approach
- Conduct indepth financial and qualitative analysis of monthly financial statements, contributing to the development of solutions and recommendations to enhance performance in the region.
- Use various tools and systems and MI to analyse and help the region manage client and business performance
- Assist regional managers and relationship management teams with tracking missing revenue for their financial statements using different systems and working with Finance to resolve queries
- Assist in pipeline management calls, preparing the materials and tracking opportunities
- Participate in global and regional strategy planning efforts
- Help develop project plans, frame and conduct insightful analyses, identify solutions and develop a business case and an implementation plan
- Execute and implement a robust EMEA strategy alongside with EMEA FIG Head to effectively align the short term and long term business objectives and vision and values with the broader FIG strategy
- Help support implementation of developed solutions/plans as necessary
- Input to setting KPIs and MBOs for the Relationship Management and other teams in EMEA
- Represents the business with external regulators, as well as serving on industry dealer forums/committees
- Plan for and evaluate impact to the business of industry and global trends, then design and implement solutions to meet industry requirements.
- Coordinate the drafting of Business updates in the development of Quarterly Board presentation material
- Coordinate with Cross Border Governance group in the development of Wholesale initiatives including such items as: Risk Appetite Statements, Annual Strategic Planning, etc.
- Help facilitate a consistent and coordinated communications plan and messaging across EMEA FIG Business
- Work with the Technology and Operations leaders to develop and deliver on a short and long term technology and operations strategy.
- Work with Finance to track and regularly report on financial performance. Coordinate with FIG CAO structure in the on-going development and maintenance of International financials (revenue and expenses)
- Assist with preparing discussion documents for various senior leaders meetings
- Operates at all time with an enterprise mindset to ensure alignment, consistency and shareholder value
Market Skills and Certifications
The candidate must possess strong analytical skills, data management skills, communications skills both written and verbal. This position also requires project management skills, organization skills to with various stakeholders of varying seniority. The candidate is preferred to have an understanding of financial institutions and the ability to think strategically. The successful candidate must have the critical ability to analyse the industry landscape, economic environment and competitive intelligence, identifying trends, gaps and opportunities. In collaboration with leaders, the candidate will assist formulating recommendations and implementing key initiatives
- Must be able to work independently while providing leadership and positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment
- Proven experience in a management/strategy consulting firm or comparable experience preferable. Experience in financial services greatly valued.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and exceptional analytical skills, including modelling and research skills
- Solid programme/project management experience
- Experience in developing business strategy and identifying / solving risk management, operational, technology and support/infrastructure issues
- Able to executive large complex initiatives in a large corporate environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with both the line of business and technical personnel
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact at a high level with senior management
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and documentation skills
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required and an advanced degree or professional financial services
- Must have sound business judgment
- Knowledge of complex technology and operational platforms and processes, as well as an understanding of compliance/regulatory rules and accounting rules governing marketing and trading
- ability to manage many competing projects effectively for on-time delivery
- Financial accounting and analysis, including project budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to partner with others to achieve duties outlined above
- Strong work ethic, position frequently requires extended hours and flexible work schedule
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, strong analytical, problem-solving
- Self-starter behavior and able to recognize opportunities for improvement in the business and to act on those opportunities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Word) required.