FIG EMEA Business Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 13 Apr 18 2018-04-13
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London and Seoul. The EMEA FIG COO Office works closely with the EMEA FIG CEO to ensure that the strategic business plans and initiatives for the region are implemented in line with Wells Fargo culture and business practices and operate within the local regulatory framework.
Reporting to a Senior Vice President (FIG EMEA COO), this position is based in London. This position is responsible for:
- Supporting the senior leaders of the team as they facilitate strategic planning exercise and lead various operating activities of FIG within the EMEA Region
- Supporting EMEA FIG Leaders on execution of Key Priorities
- Ensuring the EMEA FIG infrastructure operates smoothly and is in adherence with the relevant internal and external policies and procedures.
- Coordinating business support activities with different product and support partners including but not limited to FIG CAO, EMEA CAO Structure and various Regional Managers and FIG Coverage Leaders
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- Act as trusted advisor to senior management
- Assist business units in following existing expense policies and create processes to drive expense efficiencies
- Manage internal communications, senior level presentations, off sites, etc.
- Manage administrative functions on behalf of business units
- Work with Infrastructure Team on short and long term corporate real estate strategies in all current and future business sites and work in coordination with the Corporate Property Liaison and Technology to manage the coordination, planning and execution of all equipment procurement, LAN and desktop support, moves, security access and facilities management at all sites.
- Find efficiencies in the business by understanding cross business needs and creating more strategic solutions
- Work with senior leaders and provide guidance on day-to-day activities: communications with staff, staff planning and management, staff needs, hiring needs, recruiting needs, compensation, etc.
- Help facilitate a consistent and coordinated communications plan and messaging across EMEA FIG Business
- Work with the Strategy teams to plan for and evaluate impact to the business of industry mandates. Lead the design and solution implementation to meet industry requirements.
- Assist in Development of Disaster Recovery Needs of the business and that the relevant teams are meeting and testing them
- Serve as the primary liaison between the business unit and the various support partners; driving accountability across all internal functions supporting the businesses
- Drive infrastructure strategy on behalf of the business
- Partner with Operations, Technology, Compliance, Risk, etc. to ensure the business needs of the group are being met
- Deliver the business vision and objectives to the various support groups and provide direction and leadership as needed
- Work with the Technology and Operations leaders to develop and deliver on a short and long term technology and operations strategy.
- Work with Legal counsel on the many legal inquires, including legal hold objectives, lawsuit dispensation
- Work with HR Business Partner to ensure successful delivery of the people’s plan
- Operates at all time with an enterprise mindset to ensure alignment, consistency and shareholder value
Market Skills and Certifications
- Must be able to work independently while providing leadership and positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment
- Able to executive large complex initiatives in a large corporate environment
- Background and/or experience in legal, operations, compliance, risk management, Business Management combined with management of complex project and process involving multiple disciplines within the organization
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze business issues and identify key risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure and within deadlines while maintaining high energy levels
- Ability to communicate effectively with both the line of business and technical personnel
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact at a high level with senior management
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and documentation skills
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required and an advanced degree or professional financial services
- Must have sound business judgment
- Knowledge of complex technology and operational platforms and processes, as well as an understanding of compliance/regulatory rules and accounting rules governing marketing and trading
- ability to manage many competing projects effectively for on-time deliver
- Financial accounting and analysis, including project budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to partner with others to achieve duties outlined above
- Strong work ethic, position frequently requires extended hours and flexible work schedule
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, strong analytical, problem-solving
- Self-starter behavior and able to recognize opportunities for improvement in the business and to act on those opportunities
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.