FID Market Risk Manager - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Apr 19
See job description for details
Job Description for Fixed Income Market Risk Manager – Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and a strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base, liquidity and franchise. The EMEA Market Risk Management Division (“MRD”) is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market risk exposures arising from EMEA and UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
The EMEA MRD Fixed Income team is seeking a Vice President to come on board and take a leading role in projects across Foreign Exchange, Emerging Markets, Interest Rates, Commodities and XVA. The primary focus will to be to coordinate with market risk managers and support them on strategic projects such as the implementation of FRTB or the Solvent Wind Down process. The candidate will also contribute to the monitoring and management of various Fixed Income desks, with a particular focus on Foreign Exchange and Emerging Markets.
In addition to demonstrating the required technical skills of a market risk manager, he / she should also demonstrate a strong desire to manage projects effectively on behalf of the wider team with a collaborative, delivery-oriented and highly motivated work ethic.
Core responsibilities of this role include:
• Management of strategic projects and deliverables on behalf of the market risk manager team.
• Independent oversight & control of selected markets from a regional and legal entity perspective.
• Contribute to the continuous monitoring of financial markets and measurement of the impact on MS’s portfolio, including: analysis of trading strategies, material weaknesses in the control framework, detection of overlooked risks.
• Contribute to the development of comprehensive stress tests that highlight all key risks.
• Assessment of the suitability / performance of pricing, risk and capital models and working with relevant groups to address material deficiencies.
• Understand P&L drivers and construct any necessary tools to facilitate risk and P&L analysis.
• Communication of key risks to senior management, including creation of presentations articulating key risks and portfolio changes.
• Knowledge of major regulatory processes and deliverables (e.g. FRTB, CCAR, SWD, ICAAP) is essential, and experience in managing projects is strongly recommended.
• Good knowledge of financial products is also essential, including an understanding of risk representations (including greeks) and a solid understanding of risk management concepts such as VaR, stress testing, scenario analysis, and capital is required. Experience as a market risk manager in FX, EM, Rates or XVA is recommended.
• An excellent academic background or strong analytical background. Additional qualifications, such as an FRM, would also be looked upon favorably.
• Attention to detail, project management and prioritization skills will also be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects.
• Proactive and a can-do attitude.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple deliverables whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentation.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.