This will be part of a team of desk strats who are working to transform the FICC and Equity Derivatives businesses by automating the key decisions taken every day. The team has a wide remit including automatic quoting, optimizing hedging decisions and developing algorithms to trade derivatives on venues across Europe.
FICC and Equity Derivatives Automation Desk Strat, VP/ED level
They also deploy statistical analysis techniques and mathematical models to enhance the decision-making process, with the overall aim of improving business performance while working closely with traders and salespeople on the trading floor.
- Automate pricing of derivative products, providing fast and accurate prices in response to quote requests from their clients.
- Implement automated hedging algorithms, and build frameworks to manage risk centrally across asset classes.
- Perform systematic and quantitative analysis of franchise flows and market data, driving business decisions and the design of their automation platform.
- Work closely with sales and trading, supporting automated pricing and trading systems.
- Be involved with all stages of the software development life cycle with a range of technologies, and collaborate closely with engineering teams who support the underlying infrastructure and frameworks,
- Excellent academic record in a relevant quantitative field such as physics, mathematics, statistics, engineering or computer science.
- Strong programming skills in an object oriented or functional paradigm such as C++, Java or Python.
- At least 2 years' experience.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience implementing predictive statistical models, particularly non-linear regression/classification problems and Bayesian methods (hierarchical models, dynamic models, filtering etc).
- Previous quantitative or technical role working on or with a derivatives trading desk (irrespective of asset class).
- Knowledge of building automated trading systems and researching signals for use in a live trading environment.