FCR Advisory - Transaction Monitoring Subject Matter Expert 6 months based in London
FCR Advisory - Transaction Monitoring Subject Matter Expert
6 months based in London
The role will assist both in the ongoing active optimisation efforts of existing transaction monitoring systems, as well as develop frameworks for the bank's Intelligence-Led Financial Crime Risk Management (ILFCRM) platform. ILFCRM will enable HSBC to make a step change in the way it manages financial crime risk. By leveraging our data using advanced analytics and artificial intelligence, we will be smarter, faster and produce better insight. This supports our aspiration to set leading standards across the industry to help HSBC safeguard its customers and the communities in which it operates.
- Act as global resource to Country and Regional TM optimisation efforts, adhering to global FCC AML TM principles.
- Guide teams of multiple stakeholders through the mechanics of selecting parameters for optimising scenario based detection rules.
- Guide project teams, where necessary, through the appropriate governance protocols, or help them develop the correct pathways through governance.
- Work with the policy managers to review and assess the policies for effectiveness and clarity and make changes as per the requirements of Intelligence Led Financial Crime Risk Management (ILFCRM).
- Partner with project manager and policy managers to agree principles, policies, measurement processes and implementation timeframes
- Ensure requirements coming from multiple areas are aligned and conflicts are resolved effectively.
- Work closely with LoBs and FCC LoB Advisories to ensure that TM programs implemented / due for implementation in the first line are aligned to the overall TM framework.
- Responsible for timely communication to stakeholders regarding the projects and make related information available in an accurate and timely manner
- Review technical model documentation and provide "check and challenge" risk analysis.
- Expertise in AML/Transaction Monitoring/CDD
- A very good understanding of Financial Crime Policy Frameworks and Financial Crime Control Frameworks
- Exposure to machine learning such as industry standard supervised/unsupervised methods.
- Technical Financial Crime SMEs that understand how scenario based detection AML TM systems function and how alerting is created from source to target (Mantas, Actimize, Norkom/BAE, SAS, or similar).
- Have reasonable business understanding of Retail, Corporate, and Correspondent banking methods and associated risks.
- Ability to work across many working teams and regions, meeting needs and highlighting risk of key stakeholders to Heads of TM.