Extended Assurance - Manager - Wealth & Asset Management - London
Extended Assurance is part of our Financial Services Assurance practice and provides ongoing assurance to regulators, management and directors on the execution, governance and controls around processes that do not impact the financial statements. Current turbulent markets are driving significant changes to all firms' internal processes. Your key responsibilities
EY's Financial Services Extended Assurance team work with clients to provide assurance that an organisation's business activities are operating effectively in addressing these challenges. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
Join us and you'll work in a rapidly growing team on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive environment. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory. As part of the Extended Assurance team you will work on the execution of a variety of projects including;
- Internal Audit
- Non-financial statement audits (Libor, Client Assets)
- Regulatory reviews
- Process and controls
- Financial remediation
You will work in complex multi-disciplinary teams, with responsibility for the overall execution of projects and reporting directly to Directors/Partners.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have
- We are looking for assurance professionals with have a strong background in Wealth & Asset Management
- You will use your expertise in assurance methodologies to Manage engagements in compliance with the firm's and industry standards
- Be flexible in your working style to encompass working both in the office, as well as client site and potentially travelling internationally
- Desire to build a career in assisting clients with controls assessments/improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) opinion
- Practical experience of regulatory topics including Internal Audit, Prudential Reporting, Client Money Reviews (CASS); Suitability, Conduct of Business or Financial Crime
- Ability to lead teams and deliver our solutions to meet client needs
- Ability to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered
- Ability to operate with stakeholders/manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a dynamic, demanding environment is essential
- Demonstrate intellect, drive and focus, and the ability to succeed at EY
Ideally, you'll also have
- External audit or internal controls/audit experience
- Proven experience of managing a team successfully
- Evidence of working in an assurance related role either in a professional services firm or in industry with a blue-chip employer
- Industry specialism in Wealth & Asset Management
What we look for
- Experience of Risk Assurance projects including Prudential Reporting, Client Assets Reviews (CASS), Internal Audit or Process & Controls
- Professional qualification ACA/ CA/ ACCA / US CPA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) or an equivalent in industry, ACCA, CIMA
We are looking for high performers. Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have the opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now. #LI-P