Experienced Pan European Small & Mid Cap Specialist Sales - Market Finance London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Global Markets functions is a trusted partner to external clients (Corporates, Financial institutions and Asset Managers) in market activities, offering a cross-expertise in Research, Investment and Risk Solutions, Execution and Prime Services.
From cash execution, equity finance, exotic derivatives to structured products, Societe Generale's Equities & Derivatives department integrates all Societe Generale's capabilities in equities.
Our objective is to bring flexible and innovative equity solutions adapted to our clients' investment strategies and to current market conditions.
With a global presence around the world, our equities & derivatives department offers 24 hours service. In addition to sales and traders, our clients can leverage on our strong financial engineers capabilities to answer their needs.
Our value proposition:
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- A full range of products and services from flow to exotic, thanks to our leading position in derivative products
- Being the largest Equity Derivatives house enables us to be a liquidity provider, with the capability to execute even in difficult market conditions, and the ability to perform large transactions
- Provide innovation across a large spectrum of products and engineering teams, which gives access to a wide choice of cross asset products
- Commitment to provide guidance and after-sales services and to work towards technology enhanced services
Summary of Responsibilities
- Marketing and selling of research to general fund managers.
- Cash Equity/Hedge Fund Salesperson, providing investment advice to mainly institutional, insurance, pension and Hedge Fund investors across the Pan European Region..
- To provide full advisory service to other areas like Multi Asset.
Client Coverage Responsibilities (Internal and External Clients including market participants)
- Act as lead the lead relationship owner for areas of clients/ products allocated within area of responsibility
- Define and implement a business plan to develop SG business
- To initiate and develop relationships and execute transactions with these clients.
- On-boarding new clients e.g. KYC and legal documentation to allow execution of transactions
- Develop long term relationships with clients based on trust and professionalism
- Respond to various request from clients related to products, on boarding process, events, documentation e.g. legal and commercial; Analyse, investigate, research, manage and resolve queries received from clients
- Build, foster and cultivate client relationships in line with regulatory requirements
- Introducing clients to the appropriate business lines to allow SG to become more relevant towards these clients
- To generate a recurring stream of revenues with these clients by enhancing new client products suitable for clients needs and / or develop new client prospects
- Produce commercial documents e.g. marketing presentations, term sheets, scenario analysis with the support of Marketing and Structuring Teams
- Participate in regional/ global business line sales meetings as directed
- Provide input in to BL Management Information/ reporting to track progress regionally and globally
- Identify and introduce / refer cross-selling opportunities to other MARK business lines
Product Scope Responsibilities
- Execution of relevant product transaction on behalf of SG Clients and pricing in line with policies and guidelines applicable. Making sure that all the procedural guidelines e.g. KYC, Mifid, risk controls, product governance are observed
- Ensure business solutions for operational issues related to the products sold with IT teams, back-offices, middle-offices
Knowledge Management Responsibilities
- Maintain up to date intelligence on market initiatives and client demands
Risk Management Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance with sales procedures and guidelines including Sales Handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements
- To further improve SG market share and reputation through professionalism, discipline and attention to risks e.g. compliance, market, credit, legal, reputation.
- Ensure full adherence to the SG Sales responsibilities including sales handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements
- Responsibility to adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational and conduct risk requirements (e.g data leakage, security policies and regulatory requirements).
- Adhere to individual and where applicable department conduct rules in accordance with the FCA and PRA Code of Conduct rules
- Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position and in line with existing policies.
- Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory and statutory bodies, trading venues, etc that are applicable to your role and business line.
- To assist in the self identification of all conduct related issues. Ensure escalation to appropriate stakeholder or function whether internal or external.
- Adhere to business line mandates relevant to the role as directed by your manager
This description is intended to outline the main responsibilities for the role and is not an exhaustive list, responsibilities may vary from time to time as directed by your manager Profile Required Competencies
Why Join Us
- Investment banking/ financial services industry knowledge and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact and communicate convincingly at all levels with the key decision makers in a variety of business lines, management and control functions across the bank.
- Ability to be able to work independently on multiple conflicting priorities and under pressure until completion
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for numbers with excellent attention to detail
- Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive
- Team player, proactively shares information and collaborates with others
- Exemplary professional conduct
- Self- motivated, proactive and entrepreneurial
- Capability to prioritize and organize
- Strong senior stakeholder Management Skills
- Ability to develop relationships based on trust and professionalism
- Language requirements if applicable are as defined to support the role purpose and coverage areas. (English is the business language for SG).
- Manager competency as defined by SG Leadership Model
- Experience of managing teams / Strong people management skills
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000OL5
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 16/10/2019