A little backround about the company;
As a private financial company, we work alongside our users and we support the applications that we write. This means we get instant feedback on our work. Instead of communicating over email and incident tickets, we go and talk to our users to get requirements. In turn, they come to us with support issues. We work on-site with our QA team to automate our testing. We also have our own infrastructure team to manage our server hardware, databases, networks, cybersecurity. We work directly with them to ensure that we deliver stable and performant apps, quickly and safely.
All this means you’ll need good communication skills and the ability to deal with everyone across the software stack. Other companies refer to this as ‘DevOps’. We just call it being a good developer.
The reason we work like this is that we have an ever-changing set of deliveries. We work on delivery timescales from 1 hour to a max of a few months. We don’t deal in long, verbose specs that are out of date by the time they’re finished. We have Continuous Integration and deployment across the stack so that developers can focus on the code and not waste time figuring out how to deploy it.
Technical Skill Specification
· Calypso v15+ experience
· Experienced Java development skills. Distributed systems, REST & Web UI, remote APIs
· Financial services background
· Database development / analysis
· Test-driven development
· Performance testing, analysis and improvement
· Demonstrable experience in project ownership and delivery
· Experience with multiple programming languages and frameworks
· In-depth knowledge of multiple Financial asset classes
· Experience with monitoring / Log aggregation frameworks (Elastic, Loki, Splunk etc.)
Software / Hardware Skills e.g. C#, programming skills
· Calypso v15+
· Java 8+
· Any of JBoss, Wildfly, Tomcat, Jetty
· Oracle/MSSQL/Other DBMS
· Unix / Bash scripting
· GIT, SVN, Other DVCS
· FIX Messaging
· Distributed computing
· Container technologies
We want people that enjoy collaborative working; people that will share their experience and knowledge with others, as well as accept their input. We want people that operate well regardless of pressure levels.
Our company is friendly, diverse and inclusive. We don’t have corporate titles or large management hierarchies.
Please note that only candidates who are elegible to work in the UK will be considered at this point.