Experienced IT Auditor Global Assurance
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
As a Lead Information Technology (IT) Auditor, with strong experience of covering non-IT areas, you will be part of an audit team comprised of an Audit Manager along with two-three peers to perform six to eight audits annually, often concurrently, across various IT and non-IT areas. Audit coverage of IT areas will include Cyber, IT Operations and BCM, with non-IT audits covering business activities (e.g. customer onboarding and maintenance), corporate functions (e.g. activities within Finance, HR), and international offices (sales and operations). You will leverage your strong audit and analytic skills to participate in business process reviews to help establish the scope of the audits. Your professional scepticism and ability to efficiently understand and deconstruct processes will allow you to identify and assess risk. You will provide coaching to junior members of the team throughout the execution of the audit.
You will use your strong oral and written communication skills to professionally conduct interviews with our business partners, clearly and accurately document results of your tests, effectively communicate results to GA leadership, and draft final reports. You will aid the Audit Manager in managing the relationship with key audit contacts to ensure key objectives are understood and met. You will leverage your excellent planning and time management skills to assist the Audit Manager in effectively identifying and executing against key milestones to ensure project timelines are adhered to. In addition to performing audits, you will have the opportunity to lead continuous improvement projects to improve the overall efficiency and quality of department activities and deliverables.
- Create accurate, logical and detailed work-papers clearly describing the work performed, results of testing and conclusions reached.
- Manage positive and collaborative business relationships with GA's clients (auditees) and business partners (e.g., other internal risk management functions) to support effective and efficient risk assessment and audit execution.
- Design and execute audits to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, verify compliance with corporate policies and procedures, and identify opportunities to enhance operating efficiencies and/or reduce costs.
- Provide recommendations to management for strengthening controls and work with management to develop acceptable solutions to mitigate risk.
- Assist in acclimation and training of other GA team members.
- Assist Audit Manager to provide direction to project team, monitor project status and budgets, and ensure overall quality of work.
- Prepare comprehensive written reports detailing the results of the audit.
- Participate in risk assessment discussions to inform the annual audit plan.
- Maintain and promote knowledge of the CME's operations, including policies and procedures and any applicable regulatory requirements.
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Experience and understanding of various governance frameworks and standards such as COBIT, ISO, NIST, COSO, and CFTC Regulations would be helpful.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, data analysis tools (e.g., Tableau, QlikView, ACL, Business Objects) and GRC systems (e.g., TeamMate, Archer), or similar electronic workpaper management tool.
- CISA, CISSP, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIA, CFE, or relevant certification required or in progress.