Our client is seeking an experienced financial reporting fund accountant. If your profile fits the criteria please get in touch.
**This role requires the sucessful candidate to be able to attend the office based in Essex a few times a month, the rest being WFM**
- Experience and fund accounting knowledge gained from within the financial services sector.
- Securities administration and financial reporting experience for a range of fund types including OEICs, and Unit Trusts and Investment Trusts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the production of OEIC/UT & Investment Trust reports and accounts
- To liaise with, manage and respond to any queries of Depositary, Company Secretariat and Auditors
- Prepare Distribution calculations
- To perform income forecasting, investment restrictions & investment performance summaries
- Reconcile the monthly packs, and respond to queries raised from Trustee/Depositary
- Monthly AIC returns, month end management accounts & loan covenant calculations
- Quarterly ONS returns and processing Directors payroll
- To assist in the take on of new clients and fund launches/closures/mergers
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly fee rebates
- Calculate Total Expense Ratios
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
- Assist in the continuous review and development of the processes and associated internal controls operating in and around the fund accounting dept.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual tax returns
- Calculate and raise invoices for ACD, Registrar and Management fees
Skills and Competencies
- Requirement to gain a thorough understanding of all funds.
- The individual will need to be self-motivated, conscientious and able to work to and meet tight deadlines as well as being able to ensure work is completed to a high standard.
- It is essential the candidate is reliable and flexible as far as working hours are required.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate well at all levels both internally and externally.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Excel, are an essential requirement.