A top tier banking institution based in the City of London is searching for an expenses analyst to join the finance team. Reporting to the senior finance business partner this is an ideal opportunity to push your career forward with one of the top banks in the world.
- To have oversight of the expense processing system (Concur)
- Primary contact between UK Finance and Concur support team (plus other third-party providers)
- Provision of project expense breakdowns to front office in order to maximise recoverability from clients
- Provision of cover for UK main revenue business (UK GA) Finance admin activities when required
- Requires the role holder to work independently and proactively, interacting closely with various stakeholders at all levels across the business, as well as providing support on team secretary duties where necessary.
- Expense Processing / Concur
- Oversight of expense processing system, being the main contact point within the UK Finance team and with the external Concur support team
- Regular review, amendment and upload of vendor feeds (Visa, taxis, subsistence)
- Review and challenge out of policy expenses in line with divisional expense policies
- Provide system training to new joiners and ongoing user support to all users
- Identification and resolution of any Concur system issues
- Continuous review of system audit rules, policies and system workflow to ensure optimal processing speeds with reduced manual intervention
- Preparation and distribution of regular Concur reporting to UK Finance stakeholders
- Provision of UK GA project expense breakdowns
- Utilise finance system (SAP) and expense processing system (Concur), to produce and provide up to date project expense breakdowns for the UK GA front office, in order to maximise recovery of costs from clients
- Liaison with UK GA secretaries and bankers to identify and correct any missing transactions or coding errors.
- Provision of cover for UK GA Finance admin
- Receipt, review and coding of invoices relating to the UK GA business, to ensure adherence to policy and correctly coded, before processing by UK Accounts Payable team
- Preparation of expense recharges (couriers, mobile phones, offsites) and overseas travel expense forms, requiring strong excel skills, knowledge of the general ledger and liaison with team secretaries
- Receipt, review and approval of UK GA travel requests.
Key skills / experience required
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with staff at all levels
- Experience of Concur, both expense processing and system administration
- Strong excel skills beneficial (incl. pivot tables)
- Experience of SAP accounting package preferable, with an understanding of basic accounting concepts
- Ability to manage a varied and often pressured workload; self-starter able to take the initiative
- Experience of working in a corporate environment, preferably in financial services or other professional services industries.