- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 17 Dec 17
Executive, Transaction Tax Advisory, London
We're looking for an experienced Executive/Manager to join our Transaction Tax Advisory team in London. This is a fantastic career opportunity to provide advisory support to the EMEA businesses
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Executive/Assistant Manager to join the Transaction Tax Advisory team, assisting in advising the EMEA businesses, based in London. The Division provides taxation advice and support to all areas and manages the Group's relationship with revenue authorities.
- Providing transaction/indirect taxes (VAT and other indirect taxes) support for the EMEA region.
- Taking a pro-active approach to ensuring the group’s external and internal transactions are efficient from an indirect tax perspective.
- Liaising with the Tax Reporting function which is responsible for the group’s tax returns to provide technical support and ensure the Macquarie Group meets its tax compliance responsibilities within each relevant EMEA jurisdiction.
- Advising business and Finance on indirect tax issues, including reviewing and advising on the transaction tax consequences of all new business proposals and variations.
- Performing technical reviews of transaction tax returns for group and non-group entities.
- Assisting in reviewing indirect tax prudential reviews.
- Assisting with the management of tax audits and other revenue authority queries and interactions.
- Providing indirect taxes training and update presentations to the finance and business teams.
You will have:
- Indirect taxes advisory experience in Financial Services in EMEA.
- Excellent communication skills and service ethic.
- Ability to develop strong internal and external relationships.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of key transaction tax principles.
- Ability to balance multiple assignments and successfully manage work plans in an autonomous environment.
- Actively take responsibility and ownership for issues impacting own tasks.
Qualifications & background
- Qualified Indirect Tax Advisor with experience advising on VAT and other indirect taxes in EMEA.
- Experience ideally gained within a large commercial law firm or chartered accounting firm in EMEA, or other financial services institution.
- Exposure to multi-national tax accounting and compliance issues is preferred.
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.