- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 17 Feb 18
Executive, Principal Finance (London)
We're looking for an Executive to join our Corporate Asset Finance (CAF) Principal Finance team, based in London. This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a principal investor in a flat team, evaluating potential investments across all industries and
About the role
CAF Principal Finance seeks an experienced Senior Analyst (Executive) to join the European team based in London. This position provides the opportunity to work as a principal investor in a flat team, evaluating potential investments across all industries and capital structures. Analysts are typically paired with a senior member of the team, enabling Analysts to gain a wide breadth of responsibility and the opportunity to significantly contribute to investment decisions. By virtue of the small deal team sizes, Analysts see and participate in all aspects of the investment process from early stage assessment through to execution and credit commitment, requiring interaction and approval from senior Macquarie staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Most importantly, contributing to investment decisions through your interaction with our senior team and responsibility for analyses in your role
- Fundamental company and industry research. This includes speaking with management teams, industry experts and in-house Macquarie resources
- Financial analysis to understand projected performance and valuations under a range of scenarios
- Legal analysis (e.g. credit agreements, debt indentures, etc.) to understand, structure and optimize our point of investment in the capital structure
- Liaising with financial and legal advisors in structuring deals
- Be self-motivated and enjoy working in a dynamic environment and flat team structure
- Have intellectual curiosity including learning about new businesses, assets, etc. that will translate to a passion for investing
- Have experience in investment banking, credit investing or other investing roles (e.g. private equity)
- Be highly numerate with well-developed due diligence, quantitative and financial modelling skills
- Have an excellent academic background including minimum 2:1 degree in finance, accounting, commerce or economics
- Fluency in German is preferred but not essential
CAF's Principal Finance business provides primary debt and equity financing to clients and also invests in credit assets in secondary markets. We make investments across the capital structure, ranging from senior secured debt, second lien, mezzanine, pay in-kind to equity and equity-like instruments. Our team's mandate is to seek out the highest risk-adjusted return in each situation and to develop bespoke financing solution to meet our clients' needs.
We take a long-term view with our investments and we therefore have developed an in-depth, private equity style and highly analytical approach to due diligence, leading to a deep understanding of the underlying industries, competitors and fundamental business drivers affecting our positions.
Since our inception in early 2009, the European team has been able to deploy >₠10bn of capital in >150 transactions in Europe. We continue to actively search for new investment opportunities and for new members to join our highly driven and entrepreneurial team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.